Suikoden 1 quiz event at twitch.tv/suikothon - Sunday 4 December 5pm UTC - Anyone can join and compete

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
srd_27

Suikoden 1 quiz event at twitch.tv/suikothon - Sunday 4 December 5pm UTC - Anyone can join and compete

Post by srd_27 »

This Sunday, we'll be holding a Suikoden 1 trivia competition at https://twitch.tv/suikothon scheduled on Sunday 4 December 5pm UTC (9am PT & noon EST)

Using the quizkit.io Twitch extension, we'll have an interactive quiz where any viewers can join and compete.
You can even join without making a Twitch account (the stream will show your name as an anonymous "Contestant no. X").

The score will be based on if your answer is correct, and how fast you answer them. So peeking suikosource will slow you down and yield low points. ;)

This will be the first trial event on this Suikothon account, a channel for Suikoden community events. We'll have more future events eventually, such as more interactive quizzes, or the Stardle competition planned by thcrock.

Anyone willing to host more community events are welcome, just go to the Suikothon discord channel and share your idea https://discord.gg/t6fRCCdjmE
Jocky

Re: Suikoden 1 quiz event at twitch.tv/suikothon - Sunday 4 December 5pm UTC - Anyone can join and compete

Post by Jocky »

Looking forward to this!
JuveLeo

Re: Suikoden 1 quiz event at twitch.tv/suikothon - Sunday 4 December 5pm UTC - Anyone can join and compete

Post by JuveLeo »

I'll be sure to drop by
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

That was fun. Some questions might have needed a bit more work, you can certainly quibble about the answers to some but overall I thought it was a success.

On a more personal preference level, I wasn't too fond of the losing points for wrong answers bit, specially with the quibbling in mind.

Also, the test question about platforms forgot about the Japanese Mobile version.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Didnt get to do all of it, but I had fun.

Suikosource admins ranking:

Kfcrispy
Raww
Thcrock

Next quiz I'll have to study beforehand by replaying the game :)
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1670891708
Here's the recording of the quiz. For those who missed it, you guys can still try to answer the questions on the recording.

Thanks for all the participants. We have more than 20 contestants on the leaderboard, glad to see you guys have a lot of fun :D

If anyone else here want to make questions and host future quizzes, you're welcome :)
Raww Le Klueze wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:48 pm That was fun. Some questions might have needed a bit more work, you can certainly quibble about the answers to some but overall I thought it was a success.

On a more personal preference level, I wasn't too fond of the losing points for wrong answers bit, specially with the quibbling in mind.

Also, the test question about platforms forgot about the Japanese Mobile version.
The point deductions is how the extension works, don't think there's a way to change it. I do agree the deductions seem a bit too harsh, as it punishes you for trying to answer it on the top off the head instead of looking it up for a slower answer.

I have no idea about the Japanese mobile version. Trying to look it up and it took some time to find it only briefly mentioned on the suikoden wikia, with no showcases on how it looks like at all. And no other sites mentioning anything about it. Guessing it's easier to find about it if I actually look it up with Japanese words instead of English.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Here's a page with some screenshots, it came out in June 2008 on a service called Konami Net DX but I don't know an awful lot about it as it was never available outside Japan. Gallery is about the middle of the page.

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/200 ... 29661.html
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.