Debug Menu

If you are stuck in the Flame Champion War; or wish for more details on gameplay issues, ask your questions in this forum.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Debug Menu

Post by Pyriel »

When I was messing around with encounters earlier today, I got distracted because I found what looked to be a pretty sizeable debug menu lurking in the code.

I haven't gone through all of it. There's a lot to it, and probably not all of it functions. Some of the options in it:
  • Teleport - So far I've only gotten this to work for maps around the castle. It may only work if the area is already loaded, or it's just a matter of finding the right options. It doesn't really do you many favors.
  • Restore HP/MP.
  • Edit character levels.
  • Edit character skill points.
  • Toggle encounters.
  • There's a wonky sort of fixed freeish camera. It's weird. The menu option sounds like it was intended to help with getting object coordinates, but all you can do is pan the camera up, down, left, and right from near whatever position it was in when the option was selected. It might have more features.
  • Maximize potch.
  • Toggle unlimited potch.
  • Edit flags.
  • Recruit and un-recruit characters.
  • Save anywhere.
  • Mess with play time, and the in-game clock.
  • A bunch of more technical options.
  • Screenshots, but I'm guessing this option requires a developer console connected to developer tools on a PC.
Anyway, if you feel like playing around with it, see below. For now, I haven't had much time to mess with it, and the method I have for getting the menu loaded takes over the pause/status menu, so I'm not totally comfortable posting the code publicly yet. However, there's a lot, and if you have some technical know-how, or you're blessed with the level of patience required to go through the hundreds of possible combinations on the teleport menu, it could be fun for you, and I'll appreciate not having to go through all of it.

Press L1 + Start to enable debug menu
Press R1 + Start to restore normal menu
D19797C6 0000FBF7
219C2D4C 01774648
D19797C6 0000F7F7
219C2D4C 01774478

After you hit the button combination from the code, you have to hit square or select to bring up the debug menu. You won't be able to bring up the usual pause/status menu until you restore it. Once you're in the debug menu, note that the controls are Japanese-style, so circle confirms, and cross cancels. Have fun with that. Additional options can be accessed by hitting left or right on the d-pad.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pyriel on Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Debug Menu

Post by KFCrispy »

Wow that's amazing there are still new things to discover in these games! Thanks!
Z3R01337

Post by Z3R01337 »

Okay this is a really cool find, nice work!
SpaceCoyote

Post by SpaceCoyote »

Whoa. Nice work. Very cool!
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

nice! work
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:08 pm
MasterGrand wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:14 pm The page not load and my anti show me message not safe, Please copy digits and post here ....
Your security software probably tried to force https. I'm not paying for an SSL certificate for a 20 year-old site archive.
Oh I see, I hope to update SSL.....

I see your topic about Suikoden III for Debug Menu but when click to any option I don't see any change.....?

Another question: Do you have Script commands for Suikoden III, like Suikoden II ?
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:13 am When I was messing around with encounters earlier today, I got distracted because I found what looked to be a pretty sizeable debug menu lurking in the code.

I haven't gone through all of it. There's a lot to it, and probably not all of it functions. Some of the options in it:
  • Teleport - So far I've only gotten this to work for maps around the castle. It may only work if the area is already loaded, or it's just a matter of finding the right options. It doesn't really do you many favors.
  • Restore HP/MP.
  • Edit character levels.
  • Edit character skill points.
  • Toggle encounters.
  • There's a wonky sort of fixed freeish camera. It's weird. The menu option sounds like it was intended to help with getting object coordinates, but all you can do is pan the camera up, down, left, and right from near whatever position it was in when the option was selected. It might have more features.
  • Maximize potch.
  • Toggle unlimited potch.
  • Edit flags.
  • Recruit and un-recruit characters.
  • Save anywhere.
  • Mess with play time, and the in-game clock.
  • A bunch of more technical options.
  • Screenshots, but I'm guessing this option requires a developer console connected to developer tools on a PC.
Anyway, if you feel like playing around with it, see below. For now, I haven't had much time to mess with it, and the method I have for getting the menu loaded takes over the pause/status menu, so I'm not totally comfortable posting the code publicly yet. However, there's a lot, and if you have some technical know-how, or you're blessed with the level of patience required to go through the hundreds of possible combinations on the teleport menu, it could be fun for you, and I'll appreciate not having to go through all of it.

Press L1 + Start to enable debug menu
Press R1 + Start to restore normal menu
D19797C6 0000FBF7
219C2D4C 01774648
D19797C6 0000F7F7
219C2D4C 01774478

After you hit the button combination from the code, you have to hit square or select to bring up the debug menu. You won't be able to bring up the usual pause/status menu until you restore it. Once you're in the debug menu, note that the controls are Japanese-style, so circle confirms, and cross cancels. Have fun with that. Additional options can be accessed by hitting left or right on the d-pad.
I see your topic about Suikoden III for Debug Menu but when click to any option I don't see any change.....?

Another question: Do you have Script commands for Suikoden III, like Suikoden II ?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

No, I don't have any special knowledge of the scripting engine.

I don't know which parts of the debug menu you're trying to use. Not all of them work, and some of them might have been rendered obsolete by changes at a point where they didn't feel like the debug menu was all that useful anymore. As I recall, most of the data change ones worked, but the more advanced stuff was either entirely or mostly broken.