Most overpowered setup in each game? (Hacking allowed)

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
KingSpilly

Most overpowered setup in each game? (Hacking allowed)

Post by KingSpilly »

Since I've heard that the last of the Suikoden games has gotten an English translation patch, I decided that I was going to play through the whole series again, mostly for the plot. I'm also a compulsive min-maxer. I've been using Cheat Engine to try to make the most overpowered characters possible. In Suikoden 1, I had 255 fire runes on everyone's weapons and had master robes equipped in all 5 equipment slots. In Suikoden 2, I also had master robes in all the equipment slots (without the bug-fixes), with fury runes, double-strike runes, killer runes, and kindness runes with negative kindness (also without the bug-fixes). I also had everyone at level 99, with all of their stats at 255. Does anyone have any ideas for how to set my characters up in later Suikoden games, or how to make my characters from 1 and 2 even more overpowered? To clarify, I'm not planning to do things like give myself infinite HP or magic, as it would be hard to gauge the overpoweredness if I don't take damage in the first place. I'm only talking about equipment/rune/skill setups.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Most overpowered setup in each game? (Hacking allowed)

Post by Pyriel »

Valeria's rune is kind of underrated in Suikoden II. It's one of a couple of runes that, with the right setup, can break the damage calculation in the game. I don't remember all the details of the setups, though. There's a discussion of it on the forum somewhere. We went back on forth on what the display values meant, and you can mostly ignore that. The trouble is that breaking the damage calculation means exactly that. You don't do any actual harm to the enemy, and I think what happens is that the issue that causes the Forgiver Sign glitch is triggered in a different way. The game sees the value as an error, doesn't record it properly, and then displays whatever leftover garbage was in the buffer.

If you want to see what stupidly OP looks like without hacking, check out SpaceCoyote on twitch. I know he has speedrun setups for 3 & 5 that end most battles in one round. In 3 it involves exploiting the mount system, skills, and a couple of buffs, and in 5 it's mostly the formations.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I prefer regular attacks (and some unite attacks) over runes because regular attacks give you the chance to hit multiple enemies in a single turn, without having to worry about MP, cool-downs, or damage overflow.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
TwilightSky

Post by TwilightSky »

Suikoden V
* Any of the sword users = no human enemies can damage them(always evade and counter them), for monsters, they'll simply evade but no counter. Still OP(except against the last boss and magic mobs.)

* Belcoot is obtained the earliest, while Richard, the best of them all, is obtained at a point near the end. Georg(when he's around), Yazuki, are all OP. IIRC one of those formations puts 1 person way at the front, such that they are the only ones that can be targeted. If you put any of them there, there's a good change they will end the battle in one round from all the evading/parrying + countering.

Suikoden II. Man the list is long. This game is like the reigning king of seriously broken setups, I don't even know where to start. You can turn Killey into a solo killing machine for example.