Flame Champion a Hikusaak clone?

Ask questions about the personality and backstory of the multitude of characters in the Suikoden series.
killerslime

Flame Champion a Hikusaak clone?

Post by killerslime »

Does anyone think its possible that the Flame Champion could have been a Hikusaak clone? I think he looks kinda like Luc and Sasarai anyone agree?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Flame Champion a Hikusaak clone?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I really don't see any resemblence.

And even so, that would create a bunch of plot holes that can't be filled easily.

For starters he would have needed to be created over 40 years before Luc and Sasarai. He was long dead by the time they were born. And considering Luc was such a failure they completely abandoned the clone idea it doesn't really seem they had 40 years to perfect the process. It also leaves the mystery of what they were waiting for in between.

The next plothole is why he wasn't in Harmonia then. Any functional clone of Hikusaak would have been raised a Priest in the One Temple, like Sasarai. I also doubt they'd be that interested in trying the idea again if they already lost control of the first one and lost not only one but two True Runes because of it and then went on to actively fight Harmonia with them. I mean that's going to be bad for morale of your troops if they see their leader fighting against them.

Why is he so concerned about the Grasslands if he's not from there, what's his connection? I mean you can make a story to fill in these holes easily enough but it would all be conjecture and an awful lot of it considering we haven't had as much of a hint that anything like this happened. The best thing you have going for you is that his origins are currently unknown, but that can just as well point to him being an exiled prince from Falena if you wanted it to.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Thanks for the detailed answer. Perhaps he doesn't look so much like the clones, i've been leaning towards the Carna clan lately also, that might explain why the flame champion alter is so close, Chisha also due to his relationship Sana and the flame champion hideaway, or maybe just some random bandits...over ten years and these questions still remain unanswered...where would you image him to originate from Raww?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Couldn't guess, Konami haven't given enough information of his origins. He could be Safir Clan, they're the only ones we haven't seen so his dress could be in their style but he might just as well have his own style and be someone who just wandered into the Grasslands from whereever.
killerslime

Post by killerslime »

Safir is also a strong contender due to us not seeing any clan members as you say also could be the reason why the entire clan was annihilated...

Do you think that the idea of clones in that era would be unlikely? I always pictured a number of clones acting as bishops containing true runes that Harmonia have acquired running the country from the shadows...maybe they even killed Hikusaak or have him imprisoned somewhere... Perhaps all the clones all worked fine and were easy to control until one was born defected (Luc) who turns on them and then they would revise the cloning plan maybe?

Suikoden 3 has by far the most intriguing story to me even if its not my favourite game of the seres, so many loose ends...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's not impossible. There's nothing I'm aware of to suggest it, though nothing to refute it either. At the time of Suikoden II there are rumors in Harmonia that Hikusaak is dead, but Sasarai claims to have spoken to him in Suikoden III. Theoretically a clone could have killed Hikusaak and taken his place giving rise to the rumors.

Though since Sasarai isn't aware of his status as a clone it's possible that Hikusaak wears a mask or it's strange that Sasarai doesn't react to them looking the same. And if he does wear a mask it doesn't need to be a clone that replaced him in that case. Or Sasarai is lying about having spoken to him.

But by the same token it's possible that Hikusaak is an alien.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

What i don't understand is why Konami never mentioned FC's name? Doesn't he have one? Maybe Geddoe knows his name...i dunno!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

we name the FC. Konami is not in the habit of naming their heroes.. it's the manga writers and whatnot that get permission to create official novels that make up a lot of the names we use, but i wouldn't call them official either, as different writers were allowed to give the hero different names at times.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

KFCrispy wrote:we name the FC. Konami is not in the habit of naming their heroes.. it's the manga writers and whatnot that get permission to create official novels that make up a lot of the names we use, but i wouldn't call them official either, as different writers were allowed to give the hero different names at times.
But even in the Manga, he doesn't have a name.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

They clearly gave him a title like that so they could avoid having to ever name him.