is McDohl possible without Suikoden 1 Data?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Rabid Kobold

is McDohl possible without Suikoden 1 Data?

Post by Rabid Kobold »

Hi, I am new here, but I've been playing Suikoden II for about three years (no, not non-stop) and after my second time beating it with the ending where you have to fight Jowy at the cliff, I finally went online to find out if there is a better ending than this. Anyway I found lots of cool info, like guides to finding all the characters and such (I would have never figured out how to get Tetsu on my own)

K, now to the point, I noticed one of the Stars is McDohl, from the origional Suikoden, and you need to load data from the origional Suikoden to get him. That's a bit of a downer because I don't have the first Suikoden, nor would I know where to get it. So I was curious if it is possible somehow to acquire McDohl in your party without needing the data transfer from the origional?

Also I wanted to ask, in case it's not possible to get him, is he one of the Stars of Destiny? If so does anyone take his place if you can't get him?

My goal currently this time around playing is to acquire all 108 Stars of Destiny, as well as all recipes/books/sound sets/window sets/plans/etc.

I just want to know if it's a futile goal without having origional data from Suikoden 1 :|

PS: probably been asked numerous times before but does anyone know what "Suikoden" translates into, or what it is a name of??
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

McDohl is not one of the stars of destiny. You can not get him unless you have data from Suikoden 1.
Lechium

Post by Lechium »

well there's always gameshark....

or you can install linux on your ps2, get sui2 in drive, reverse code the game, and than, depending on yrou skills, you can get McDohl even at the very beginnig....