Capcom Got the Rights of Suikoden?

In-Depth topics that fail to give reasons for their hypotheses.
Antimatzist

Re: Capcom Got the Rights of Suikoden?

Post by Antimatzist »

Level 5 would be brilliant, but they did DQ IX and I think that's rather lame. Inazuma Elven is great, though.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Level 5? Yeah as someone who's played White Knight Chronicles II I say thanks, but no thanks. *shudder* I dare you to find a game more devoid of plot and character developement this side of 2010, the gameplay is made to be as infuriatingly annoyingly as humanely possible.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

How about Nippon Ichi Software?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They definitely give their games a unique touch - but one that I dont like. The games they developed don't seem serious enough for a Suikoden....

Also, have they even developed traditional J-RPGs?

Atlus would be an option, too.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I think they mostly do light-hearted strategy RPGs. But they're also in pretty dire straits financially, Disgaea 4 is basically the attempt to save the company.

I could have seen former Overworks as a good candidate, they did Skies of Arcadia which has the same script writer as Suikoden V and much later the excellent Valkyria Chronicles. But then they did Valkyria Chronicles II and I lost hope in them.

Atlus might work. Not a fan of the Persona series but they have some diverse stuff under their belt.
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Level 5? Yeah as someone who's played White Knight Chronicles II I say thanks, but no thanks. *shudder* I dare you to find a game more devoid of plot and character developement this side of 2010, the gameplay is made to be as infuriatingly annoyingly as humanely possible.
If you can't even handle mild annoyances like that, why even play video games? Personally, though it isn't ideal, I would welcome Level 5 as Suikoden's new producer. With a set world such as Suikoden, they wouldn't be able to fark it up, as you said they did with WKC. WKC was probably them experimenting with a world of their own, and while it definitely wasn't perfect, it wasn't all that bad either. Besides, nothing they produce could be worse than Tierkreis.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

No plot and no character developement are mild annoyances in RPGs, a genre relying on story-telling? Okay then, but personally if people are gonna come back from the dead I need something better than "a tree talked to me in the afterlife so I decided to come back".
Sagiri

Post by Sagiri »

Is that all? Quite the picky one, aren't you. Instead of focusing on the things in games you view negatively, why not react to the positive?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

How is that being picky? If we all would accept gaping plotholes we might as well expect Mario to be the Tenkai of Suikoden VI.

Some games really don't have a positive side, because if a game scorns you, you are forever left burned.