Waking Rune

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Hxc Flavor

Waking Rune

Post by Hxc Flavor »

It says it will cause your character to become berserk after they are woken up, but when I've used it it never happens to anyone. Is this rune even worth using in place of a Fury rune?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Faust

Post by Faust »

Technically it could be quite a useful rune. However, you'd have to waste a firefly rune making sure the enemy attacked that specific character, or just HOPE that they did. I never use it as I find it a bit of a waste and there're quite a lot of runes out there (Fury, Double Beat, Double Strike etc) that increase damage capacity without having significant combat drawbacks.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if you have status protection on that character, he/she will not be asleep and never fall asleep, so he/she will never be able to wake up to get berserked as required by the Waking Rune. it should work if you don't have status protection, i don't know what's wrong with your game if you can't get it to work like that
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

waking is just a waste of time when there are fury runes
Eagles May Soar But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

also, the berserk caused by the Waking Rune goes away in a couple rounds like normal berserk (when characters are hit too much(maybe only for S3..) or caused by Bright Shield).

but if your character is going to fall asleep later in the battle and wake again, berserk will kick in again.. but that is extremely unlikely.

when sleeping characters take physical damage, they take 2x of what they normally would, so it could be dangerous, not just tedious to manage.

Fury Rune's berserk lasts indefinitely, but if something replaces that status, you won't get berserked by Fury Rune or anything. not a big deal at all.