What do you think about it? my Suikoden Marathon.

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Georg

What do you think about it? my Suikoden Marathon.

Post by Georg »

Hi ^^
Recently I thought about playing all the main Suikoden games one after another, doing kind of a Marathon.
IV - Rhapsodia - V (but I played it recently.. I would just skip it) - I - II - III

The reason because I opened a thread is because I also thought about creating a blog-like site where I can post about my Suikoden sessions... and write impressions on the games, funny and sad moments, and so on...

Ah.. almost forgot. I played only Suiko II and V.. and began IV, I, Rhapsodia.. but I didn't finished them.

What do you think about it? ^^
RangerDeon

Re: What do you think about it? my Suikoden Marathon.

Post by RangerDeon »

Go for it.

I almost did the same thing. . only I went from Suikoden 1 through Suikoden 5
Not in the order of the game's timeline, but the order of which they were released.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I'd also go for it.

I did this myself, over the Summer break, and it was very refreshing.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Yeah! publicity for Suikoden! lol.

There's no need to ask us for this! If you feel like it, then (for the 3rd time) GO FOR IT! :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

ive played through all of them in order of release like 3 times already hehe, including their ACTUAL release, ok i hate braggin about being a true suikoden fan from the start but i HAVE to ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I just got into the series during my Freshman, '06 semester of college when I saw Suikoden 4 in Gamestop. But after getting them all (last year) I played them in order.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

In the german suikoden board, one of the admins has done such a marathon.. he layed all the games in under a week.^^
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I actually just started doing this myself, but in order of release rather than chronology.

Just completed the Sindar Ruins in Suikoden II.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Antimatzist wrote:In the german suikoden board, one of the admins has done such a marathon.. he layed all the games in under a week.^^
a WEEK?!?!?!?! waaah 24/7!!!! lol.

whoah, that's cooool.... impossible too....hmm...

hey, I envy you guys coz you have S1. :(
But I'm not planning to buy one since I don't wanna be disappointed for buying a not-as-good-as-S2 2D game with a price same as SII.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That's a pity; judging a game based on hearsay instead of experiencing it for yourself.

This marathon sounds fun, so go for it. If you can, you might want to include real screenshots in the blog, too.

I'd do it, but Tierkreis' release is way too close and the dreaded NaNoWriMo 2008 is just around the corner for me to concentrate on gaming. I might reconsider after the year end holiday seasons though.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I believe there's no better game than S2 and many of us think of that too, patapi.

But wait, I don't plan on buying it. But I have plans on downloading it sometime! :)
Gotta play it on this pc via epsxe but I still can't afford to dload it for long hours these times, especially that [OT] Im buying a DS [/OT]. heheheh.
Runer

Post by Runer »

Great! I am also currently doing it. :D
Georg

Post by Georg »

patapi wrote: This marathon sounds fun, so go for it. If you can, you might want to include real screenshots in the blog, too.

That's a very good idea, but I wouldn't now how to do that :?

Anyway, today I started the blog on wordpress.com.. it's still a very very raw form (just title, layout, banner and a post, but hopefully I'll update it soon with the coverage of the first session of SuikoIV.
I hope not to go against any forum rule, but here is the link to the blog: http://suikomarathon.wordpress.com/