Searching for Opal [I'm Furious Right Now]

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
ChaosMan

Searching for Opal [I'm Furious Right Now]

Post by ChaosMan »

Hey, is it right that we must collect all possible characters before The Gremio's Death scene to revive him back ? cause I'm walking around for 2 hours to find that "Opal" thing to recruit esmeralda and I found nothing but an "ornament?" and "Needle".

Is there a fastest way possible to get "Opal" ?

Some Information:
1. I play the game with ePSXe v1.70
2. I don't cheat (that's the last thing on my mind)
3. I tried the old trick for 2 hours and get nothing, I don't know. The last time I go to Soniere and I get the Opal easily, but mow this stuff has become a Very Rare thing to fet for me.

here's my last meeting with the Red Slimes

Operation: Search For Opal
- I'm A Big Fan Of Suikoden -
RangerDeon

Re: I'm Furious Right Now

Post by RangerDeon »

No no no m'dear.

You're to recruit all memebers before Leknaat's final visit to your castle. Right before you *spoilers* attack Gregmister. (Is that the name? Man I forget. . it's Tir's hometown)

It's impossible to recruit all the people before Gremio dies. And I think your get Opal from those card mages. If my memory is correct.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chris_Lightfellow

Re: Searching for Opal [I'm Furious Right Now]

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Just fight monsters in Soniere until you get it.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
ChaosMan

Post by ChaosMan »

RangerDeon wrote:No no no m'dear.

You're to recruit all memebers before Leknaat's final visit to your castle. Right before you *spoilers* attack Gregmister. (Is that the name? Man I forget. . it's Tir's hometown)

It's impossible to recruit all the people before Gremio dies. And I think your get Opal from those card mages. If my memory is correct.
I mean not All the characters, but all "the possible to recruit" characters before Gremio dies, I've recruit them all except Esmeralda... she's one character filling my mind right now.

but thanks anyway for clearing things up... I guess I'll save esmeralda for the moment and maybe I can get her later...
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

ChaosMan wrote: I mean not All the characters, but all "the possible to recruit" characters before Gremio dies, I've recruit them all except Esmeralda... she's one character filling my mind right now.

but thanks anyway for clearing things up... I guess I'll save esmeralda for the moment and maybe I can get her later...
oh, sorry I misread that.

But yeah, I ALWAYS forget about her until after he dies, so it isn't necessary to get her before.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
ChaosMan

Post by ChaosMan »

It's Solved now, seems I targeted the wrong monster ^_^ , I should target the Nightmares intead of Red Slimes, I feel stupid right now lol.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

ChaosMan wrote:It's Solved now, seems I targeted the wrong monster ^_^ , I should target the Nightmares intead of Red Slimes, I feel stupid right now lol.
What are the nightmares again?

-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I think those are the things that look like Yuber only more miscellaneous.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Oppenheimer wrote:I think those are the things that look like Yuber only more miscellaneous.
I just looked it up. It's those Card mage thingies.

-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I must be thinking of Mirage or whatever they're called. Anyway, this topic is done so I'll just close it to save space.