[FAQ] The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Alastor

Post by Alastor »

Feldoon wrote:Just to point out something, I've got a UK PAL edition (SLES-02442, in case anybody wanted to know) and I've only ever gotten Nanami to survive if I used the Forgiver Sign spell on Gorudo.
My memory seems to be working bad, but isnt Forgiven Sign unlocked after Gorudo battle? :(
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

No. You have to have all 108 stars before the battle, Leknaat pops along in her infinite wisdom, blathers something rather boring about stars and the fourth spell is unlocked.

Of course, the first time you can see the spell is after the Luca Blight battles. When you go do the McDohl sidequest, you lose against the Moth-thing and both Tir and Riou do their Rank4 spells. And it counts as winning the battle with EXP and all. It's my favourite way to win. ;D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

new speculation: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=32482512
Maybe_yes from gamefaqs.com wrote:My brother played this game and did all the 3 things as you mentioned to save Nanami. But still, Nanami died.
Then I found something out. It was because earlier when you're in Greenhill, when Nanami asked to join your party, you refused 3 times, and then she still insist to join. If you didn't refuse 3 times, then it'll be alright, but If ou refused 3 times and she joined by force, she'll die..
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

dont know, there are worst things like dont rescue her when flik and viktor rescues riou and jowy at the beginning, for example, that makes havent her many time, and that didnt change the good end
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

If you don't mind me being a lazy bum, could somebody perhaps summarize what has been found in this? A friend pointed the possibility of Nanami dying, and I'd like to get the "perfect" ending, so that I won't have to see the game as unfinished.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Just make sure you have 108 stars, she has armor on and you say "Nanami!" or "look out!" before she gets hit by the arrow. You'll know you did it right if Huan asks to talk to Shu after Nanami's "death".
Purr.
Kirkis

Post by Kirkis »

My girlfriend is currently playing through Suikoden 2. I think we had her armor/def and such at like... 160 - 180 or some such, and we beat the game... and... nothing. I completely forgot about the 'Shu' scene or else I would've had her reset the game. Either way, I've got a save point just prior to her getting owned. Maybe my girlfriend didn't click something fast enough, I don't remember if Riou helped defend her or not.
- Kirkis
pyromaster

Re: The Confusion Behind Nanami *Possible Spoiler*

Post by pyromaster »

i dont really know but i just made sure of two things

1st she was strip off her armour
and
2nd she was at full health :|
welcome your pyromaster
highwind44029

Re:

Post by highwind44029 »

KFCrispy wrote:new speculation: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=32482512
Maybe_yes from gamefaqs.com wrote:My brother played this game and did all the 3 things as you mentioned to save Nanami. But still, Nanami died.
Then I found something out. It was because earlier when you're in Greenhill, when Nanami asked to join your party, you refused 3 times, and then she still insist to join. If you didn't refuse 3 times, then it'll be alright, but If ou refused 3 times and she joined by force, she'll die..
I'll try testing this out on my speed run starting today.. I should get to this point by tomorrow or sometime during the weekend.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I had her PROT stat at 122 and she lived, course I had to say the diolouge but I heard it was a 121 PROT stat...
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
d-gage

Post by d-gage »

i always got the best ending, because of nanami never die on me :D
just do what every RPG required to.. which is Leveling! and make sure you've got all of the 108 Stars. and choose "Nanami!!!" (do not late, because the options sure gone so fast!!!)
pyromaster

Post by pyromaster »

are you sure you must get all 1o8 stars coz as far as i remember i, on first run i didnt get 108 stars and still got best ending
welcome your pyromaster
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

pyromaster wrote:are you sure you must get all 1o8 stars coz as far as i remember i, on first run i didnt get 108 stars and still got best ending
That's not the best ending then.
McDohl7777

Post by McDohl7777 »

I had her defense at 208, but Huan still says she dies. I remember being able to use her after Rockaxe. I may be wrong, but could someone clarify. If Huan calls Shu in does that mean she survived?
Paler than Moon

Post by Paler than Moon »

Yes, if Huan calls Shu inside the room then Nanami is not dead. However, you won't be able to see her for the rest of the game until you finish it and proceed to get the best ending. At this point, you'd want to see a walkthrough if you've never seen the perfect ending before.

As for me, I've played Suiko 2 so many times, and I always get the best ending. Always. Just follow the perfect ending guide on suikosource site, it's not hard at all.

Also, there are rumors that say you have to choose the 1st option right before Nanami is shot by arrows. It's not true, either option is okay as long as you choose one by pressing x button. If you don't press the x button, the dialog window would close and you're ruined. I have proven this myself and atleast for me, either option is okay.
"If only..."
But thou art wind!
Do not scream:
thy fragrance deafens.