[Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [Discussion] Member Recommended Parties with Reasoning

Post by KFCrispy »

Sasarai10 wrote:After all one guy here (gildedtalon if i remember well) managed to beat the Beast Rune solo....so why not,by using 5 extra squirells?
you can abuse save states and keep trying to instant kill the beast rune :)
i've seen a japanese youtube vid of that, but i don't remember exactly what happened-- i suppose you need kill to the protective crystal and both heads all with the unite.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote:i've seen a japanese youtube vid of that, but i don't remember exactly what happened-- i suppose they need to the protective crystal and both heads all with the unite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWSg51Nm2Kk
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

nice, a full battle without luck manipulation! and you only need 1 success on one of the heads to win!!!! lol
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Probably works on any part, but I wonder if it's a glitch since the Beast Rune is the only enemy that has multiple parts to it or if it's intentional.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
sporefrog

Post by sporefrog »

I think,the game engine cannot handle the fact,that only one "part" of the enemy gets removed from the battle,and so it removes the entire enemy resulting in the most ridiculous victory ever :lol:
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

That video is hilarious. I didn't know that.

Mikumiku dragging Riou's sorry ass outta the dungeon is like the cherry on top.
Saj

Post by Saj »

OK finaly here is my dream team:

NOTE#1 I don't use any game glitches, so no stat-stone trick, no kindenss trick (ofc) and no lv 99 trick.
why? Coz that would make no real differnece who i play.
NOTE#2 I ban Conopy Defenca as most over powered spell in game. It's just broken, so in SIII it's 5th lv spell .
NOTE#3 I forgot to lv my weapn to 16 ;p will update soon.
NOTE#4 I run 2 stat items + 1 usable item b
ulid. Will explain why later.

<< RIou Lv 63 >>
STR 204___TECH 202___MAGIC 163
SPD 176___PROT 144___M DEF 150___LCK 216

H # Killer
Rh# Bright Shield
Lh# Double-Beat

ATT 451 DEF 241

Wlv 15 ATT 148
WPN rune Kindenss
--------------Equipment------------------
Wind Hat
Master Garb

Lucky Ring
Power Gloves
Flaming Sea 2

**Our main Man. Highest LCK and TECH in game = best Crit chance, Also great PWR and SPD. Kindeness rune is best on him because of best ralations with all party. On stongest enemies 1st turn Forgivin Sign (when all partie is on full HP), next Battle Oath (in most cases 4 of 6 get berserk) and after that just normal atk. He will deal more DMG then Killey on monk runes, a true killer. Weakness ? Well he got only avarage DEF but still a lot HP sould make him quite hard to kill, also is
prone to negative status!

<< Victor Lv 58 >>
STR 215___TECH 164___MAGIC 68
SPD 127___PROT 185___M DEF 127___LCK 144

H # ------------
Rh# Double-Beat
Lh# Killer

ATT 370 DEF 279

Wlv 15 ATT 155
WPN rune Exertion

Wind Hat
Master Garb

Skill Ring
Power Gloves
# Kindenss Rain 3

**I just love this Guy! He is most charismatic from all 108 stars! And, damn he is great warrior. Best WPN DMG in game, one of best PWR, DEF, high TECH and LCK. On berserk he will deal more DMG then Killey and will be very hard to kill, lots of HP, Still he deals a bit less then Riou mostly bacuase he dont have as high crit chance. Ofc After few tuns his DMG will be outmatchable (and most propably he will survive that long, he is realy hard to kill).
Weakness ? As Roiu he dont have immunity to status changes, also his MDEF is not so high as DEF (but still quite good) , also he have lowest SPD on team but that can be usefull to heal your team before next turn ;>

<< Flik Lv 56 >>
STR 174___TECH 156___MAGIC 161
SPD 156___PROT 138___M DEF 131___LCK 86

H # ------------
Rh# Thunder
Lh# Flowing

ATT 312 DEF 283

Wlv 15 ATT 138
WPN rune Silence

Wind Hat
Silver Armor
Earth Shield

Fire Emblem
Water Amulet
Sugar-Cured Meat 6

<< McDohl Lv 59 >>
STR 174___TECH 188___MAGIC 178
SPD 159___PROT 169___M DEF 158___LCK 158

H # Flowing
Rh# Soul Eather
Lh# Mother Earth

ATT 373 DEF 285

Wlv 15 ATT 145
WPN rune Frinedship

Wind Hat
Blood Armor

Power Gloves
Winged Boots
Flaming Sea 2

<< Luc Lv 58 >>
STR 55___TECH 142___MAGIC 211
SPD 179___PROT 64___M DEF 176___LCK 84

H # Blue Gate
Rh# Thunder
Lh# Flowing

ATT 159 DEF 143

Wlv 15 ATT 94
WPN rune Cyclone

Wind Hat
Master Robe

Speed Ring (permanent)
Lucky Ring
Sacrificial Jizz

<< Killey Lv 58 >>
STR 157___TECH 164___MAGIC 106
SPD 148___PROT 140___M DEF 143___LCK 128

H # Fury
Rh# Double-Beat
Lh# Double-strike

ATT 302 DEF 234

Wlv 15 ATT 145
WPN rune Rage

Wind Hat
Master Garb

Skill Ring
Power Gloves
Sugar-Curved Meat 6
Last edited by Saj on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

What are those foods for? Is that just in case the healers Panic or are Silenced?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Saj

Post by Saj »

NoT realy. So 2 of my party members are immune to status effects. They can use all heal spells.
Also bouth of them can cast all heal + all revive spell ( Thor ).
I use 2 kinds of food .
Suger-Curved Meat couse HYPER status. In addition heals 600 hp.
Flaming Sea revive one party member.
I also use Kindnes Rain 3 (Its from Flowing rune) - Heal 300 hp (depend from charakter affinity) and remove MOST of negative status effects. IT wont cure confuse tho.
Victor f.e. got kindness Rain mostly because of low speed he can cast IT after giving negative status to party and cure them before next turn.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

^ Most people playing GS2 usually don't bring foods or scrolls to the final dungeon. They just kill everything in sight before their parties die out. But then, when you have lots of damage, you won't even need lots of healing at all.

Still a good strategy, though. You will have lots of heals without relying on magic. This is better suited for all-physical teams. This way Riou won't need to heal with the Bright Shield Rune every single freaking time and focus more on dealing physical damage while the other physical attackers can heal when needed.

If you have healers on your party though, I think you won't need any of these, but better be safe than sorry in case the healers get confused.

In the end, it all comes down to your playing style.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

@Saj, what makes 2 of the characters immune to status effects? i only know of Master Robe being bugged to have the property.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Your rationale for giving Viktor the Kindness Rain isn't quite sound; it will give the 1.3x speed modifier so Viktor will move before your entire party except for Riou and McDohl. It will go before pretty much any enemy in the game too, including Beast Rune.

@KFCrispy, Earth Shield also (correctly) gives immunity to most status effects. Oddball stuff like confuse and unbalance are not prevented though.
Saj

Post by Saj »

ninjaluc79 wrote:^ Most people playing GS2 usually don't bring foods or scrolls to the final dungeon. They just kill everything in sight before their parties die out. But then, when you have lots of damage, you won't even need lots of healing at all.

Still a good strategy, though. You will have lots of heals without relying on magic. This is better suited for all-physical teams. This way Riou won't need to heal with the Bright Shield Rune every single freaking time and focus more on dealing physical damage while the other physical attackers can heal when needed.

If you have healers on your party though, I think you won't need any of these, but better be safe than sorry in case the healers get confused.

Damn You are wrong, tell me what team can be stonger then mine? All psychical ?:D And if enemy is immune or heavy resistant to psh dmg what will You do? Run away? And pls stop this last dungeon stuff:D You can literlay play on last dungeon with ANYONE and with anyone beat best rune coz this game is easy.
Ok i know this game is not very hard, no additional dungeons or optional bosses, but still in this topic i give You optimal team. What is more important a team that realy work with one another. E.g Riou will use Battle Oath and Forgiver Sign once and then he can do what he is best of: dealing massive crits. This time take all advantages of every character and even make some of their weakness a useful like Victor.

What if s1 is killed? What if it is Your heler?:D etc. Give me a team that can beat this one, 6v6, a 2 player mode would be awesome, i bet my team will work in 90% times (mostly coz Luc will kill all enemy in 1st turn ;p).

P.S Kindeness rune dont give speed but multiple your wpn dmg every turn, i need him to have low SPD to be last turn healer.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

He said "Kindness Rain," not "Kindness Rune." Using healing spells like that automatically grants a temporary 1.3x boost in speed to the caster for that round. So when turn order is determined, Viktor's effective speed is 165 in any round where he casts Kindness Rain, i.e., higher than anyone in the party aside from Riou and McDohl.
Omnigamer

Post by Omnigamer »

Saj wrote:
ninjaluc79 wrote:^ Most people playing GS2 usually don't bring foods or scrolls to the final dungeon. They just kill everything in sight before their parties die out. But then, when you have lots of damage, you won't even need lots of healing at all.

Damn You are wrong, tell me what team can be stonger then mine? All psychical ?:D And if enemy is immune or heavy resistant to psh dmg what will You do? Run away? And pls stop this last dungeon stuff:D You can literlay play on last dungeon with ANYONE and with anyone beat best rune coz this game is easy.
Ok i know this game is not very hard, no additional dungeons or optional bosses, but still in this topic i give You optimal team. What is more important a team that realy work with one another. E.g Riou will use Battle Oath and Forgiver Sign once and then he can do what he is best of: dealing massive crits. This time take all advantages of every character and even make some of their weakness a useful like Victor.

What if s1 is killed? What if it is Your heler?:D etc. Give me a team that can beat this one, 6v6, a 2 player mode would be awesome, i bet my team will work in 90% times (mostly coz Luc will kill all enemy in 1st turn ;p).

P.S Kindeness rune dont give speed but multiple your wpn dmg every turn, i need him to have low SPD to be last turn healer.
Building a team for hypothetical PvP mode would be very different than any common logic applied to the game as it stands. For example, Luc using Empty World would completely wipe the entire opposing team and go faster than any other possible attack, with the possible exception of one of the S or A+ speed growth characters using a Rune Unite that happens to get the speed boost bug. Some actual PvP mode would apply some damage scaling, but since it doesn't exist there is no stable reference to build a team against. Basically I'm saying that it's a pointless activity to develop a team around a hypothetical mode that you haven't even described the "ground rules" for.