Cooking Contest - All Ratings

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Saddler

Cooking Contest - All Ratings

Post by Saddler »

Last edited by Saddler on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Re: Cooking Contest - All Ratings

Post by Antimatzist »

Probably this is of interest to you, but this is unfinished.
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/guides/cook1.php

But it's all a mystery as you can read in this thread.
https://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/view ... hp?t=14611
Saddler

Post by Saddler »

Last edited by Saddler on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think these values are taken straight from the game (and possibly official guides), so they are not wrong, but our interpretation of these is still vague.

It was discussed whether placing dishes as specific meals will change the rating, i.e., putting Ice Cream as an appetizer vs. a dessert. I think no consesus was reached (or it wasn't tested intensively enough) and it was assumed that only the judges' preferences are taken into account.

Probably easiest thing to do is creating a save state at the beginning of a cooking battle so the judge's are always the same and then see if mashing the buttons changes anything or there's more randomness to it (assuming it's not heavily RNG manipulated)
Saddler

Post by Saddler »

Last edited by Saddler on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Sorry, I could not follow your post. Could you describe what you did step by step, describing each step clearly in one sentence? What did you do (which dishes, which judges, how much was the bar filled) and what was the outcome (i.e. the ratings)?
Saddler

Post by Saddler »

Last edited by Saddler on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Saddler wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:18 am I'm sorry, like I said I'm not a native English speaker. Tomorrow is a holiday in my country and then I repeat my actions. I will note everything and give a short step by step explanation in here. Clear and translated with the english names etc., like your asked.
It's mostly a thing of structure, not language. I did not understand what actions you performed in which order and what you observed when. If you need help translating, you can use www.deepl.com, that's the best way to translate stuff nowadays (if your native language is supported), but I think your English is fine as is.

For example:
the rating does never change and is always the same mean you have always the surprise 5 rating or the normal one.
I mean, of course you always have EITHER the surprise 5 rating OR the normal rating, so I don't know what this statement means.