Weird location in Jp Demo?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Weird location in Jp Demo?

Post by JiN88 »

Sorry I couldn't really think of a more suitable title, or how to explain it. I was exploring the JP demo and finally found the talisman warp addresses and was playing around, and...
06 19.png
I found this?

It's Kyaro Village, in it's incomplete form. While there is a more completed Kyaro Village, albeit still lacking objects/collision, this one is even more incomplete and what's perplexing is what you can see. A summary of what I can find are:

1) The area is Kyaro area but really incomplete with some warp exits here and there that either crashes or bring you to the same location, but with less characters (only 1 Anita).

2) There is a row of Anitas standing in line. You can talk to any of them and will transition to load something but the game will eventually crash.

3) There are 2 Gabocha. One of them walks around and talking to it will warp you somewhere else in the general area (you can walk back there). Another is stationary can also be talked to and has dialogue and open into a shop? and you can buy/sell with no text items. All of them are in Jap (can't read. Sorry) and finishing the 'transaction' will softblock and I can't do anything else. Name also seems to be different
(The shopkeper's Gobacha's dialogue is the same as the above pic, before transitioning to a normal shopkeer interaction (buy, sell, rare items, exit))

3) There is a tree that also have dialogue.
Weird text.png
(Attached is the dialogue with other text from the area.)

4)There are other sprites around. Some has collision or not, or just invisible. A line of Japanese text that says 'character designer'.

5) More or less they all of them can be pushed. Yes, even the dialogue tree. I find that funny.

6) There is a weird effect of the houses sprites moving around, but that's probably because the I warped when I was at the North Sparrow map and probably something to do with the fog there. Just ignore it

I should also mention my Character name is SUIKODEN and I warped sometime before the Mist monster. In the image Riou is holding the dirty rag for some reason.

I used Cheat Engine. Not sure if it will be the same if others try it. The addresses are:

00B7CA1F Byte 06
00B7CA1F Byte 19

My best guess is it's a Debug room?
Oh, and I think I should mention I plan to make a post detailing the finding of JP demo once I gather data. There are some but not really that exciting. This one is different because it's different from the completed version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Weird location in Jp Demo?

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Gabocha says in red "So I guess we're friends then." in white "So this is where brother Shu is"

The weird text says the location is Radat.

"What are you talking about?"
"You don't have enough discipline lover boy."
"Oh right, SUIKODEN"
"You're going to befriend that Tesla guy too right?"
"I'm pretty sure he's going by the fake name Albert right now."

I dunno, that last bit sounds like it's a version from Kimberly/Tesla recruitment in the first game? Placeholder text probably.

The last text appears to be from the credits and says character design.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.