Additional stuff in Suikoden 2 EU (Demo)

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Additional stuff in Suikoden 2 EU (Demo)

Post by JiN88 »

Probably isn't much but I been messing with the Suikoden 2 EU (Demo) and the wiki turns out to be a bit incomplete.

In the 'Battle mode', as you progress through it normally and defeat DoubleHead, who you bring will have their own line of dialogue, each different depending on where their location of formation is on. It works is like this:

A, B, C
D, E, F

Since the hero will take a spot anyone that will speak will be the next in line. So if Hero takes A, then C will talk, then B, then D. If Hero takes B, then C, then A, then D (It depends on how they exit after defeating the boss). However, each characters has 3 lines depending on where they are on B, C, or D. For the sake of clarity, the Hero will be placed on A. Particularly the one on D has interesting lines pertaining to playing on a demo.

Below are their lines:

Viktor

B: "That was no big deal."

C: "Ha! We got 'em!!"

D: "Ha ha.
You can see the rest soon."

Flik

B: "That was well done."

C: "Well that's war."

D: "Okay, goodbye.
We'll meet again on the release date."

Nanami

B: "That was pretty tough."

C: "We did it!!!!"

D: "Well next is the real thing.
See ya later!!!"

Rina

B: "Is everyone okay?"

C: "Looks like we did it."

D: "That's all for now. See you in the completed version."

Millie

B: "We did it! We did it!!"

C: "Great!!!"

D: 'Okay. Bye. See you in the stores!!!

Shiro

B: "W0000000f!"

C: "Awhooooooooo!!!!"

D: "Woofff Wooofff!!!"

Kinnison

B: "We did it...somehow."

C: "Yeah!!!"

D: "Well, that's all for now. We'll see you when this game is released."

Killey

B/C: "Hyah!!!"

D: "Hmph......."

Sierra

B/C/D: "...................."

Genshu

B: "Well fought."

C: "We defeated it."

D: "Goodbye."

Wakaba

B:"You all fought well."

C:"We did it!!!"

D:"See you later."

L.C.Chan

B: "Kyah!!!"

C: "Yahooo!!!"

D: "Farewell!!!"

Jowy

B: "I guess we made it."

C:"Good...."

D: "That's all for now. See you in the completed version."

(Since Sigfiend and Feather takes up 2 spots it's not possible for them at D)

Sigfiend

B/C:"...................."

Feather

B: "Kyoooookkkk..."

C: "Kyooooooon"

Now here's interesting. By hacking with GS to enable all characters, Viki and Mukumuku has lines for their part. Both Characters cannot join your party as far as I know. It makes me think they could be intentional recruits hidden through unspecific conditions.

Viki

B: "Whew. That was scary."

C :"Yeah!!! We won!!"

D: "Bye bye!!!!"

Mukumuku

B: "Mu mu mu!!!"

C: "Mu... mu..."

D: "Mook-mook"

Other characters don't have lines and the game will skip them as no one. However, if you release Valeria on the recruiting option
Valeria
Release: "Fare well, KONAMI"

It goes to show 'KONAMI' is just a placeholder if you skip the naming screen. The same goes with King Jowy (use GS enable all characters) and when you use Escape talisman to access the 'New Game' in an unconventional way, everyone will call you 'Konami'. You'll still be named Suikoden since you're transitioning from the 'Battle mode'.

Additional stuff

There's nothing much in the 'New Game' mode so I won't touch much on that. There are parts in Spanish, some are just untranslated gibberish if you manage to warp to some areas, and most NPC can't be talked to.

There is a save file in the memory card for some reason. The Hero is named SLES 02442 (Game version number) and has Tuta and Gengen in your party, basically sometime when you are getting the flour. I do not know if it's suppose to be like this, or the demo I downloaded has been messed with, but I can't seem to access it. I managed to see it when trying to save through a random Save crystal.

In all my attempts on 'Battle mode' the ending will always be the same as the standard demo ending with Viki/Mukumuku appearing after a while. There is also something just below; completed version has 4 maids and a Hero while demo has 3 maids and a Hero (the top one is missing ) https://imgur.com/a/Go3Ia5M. Additionally, using vram Mekumeku seems to be present, suggesting an extra ending that has been unsolved a long time ago.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... nused+text

Some other stuff can be found when comparing with the JP (Demo) but that would probably require another different post. One example is a dead bush location is different from the demo/completed version at North Sparrow Path for some reason. Another is there are less characters to recruit in the 'Battle Mode'