Protectors

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Protectors

Post by wataru14 »

I came across this thread at Gamefaqs:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/19 ... i/76852713

Post #5 contains a list of who protects who. Do we know if this is correct? The second list seems to be backwards, but I think that is the "Berserks when they drop" list. I have seen Tengaar go Berserk for Hix, but I have not seen her defend him, which is why I'm asking.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Protectors

Post by Pyriel »

You know, I forgot about the Berserk mechanic when I pulled that list. You're probably right.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Interestingly, Sheena will protect all "human" females except Lorelai.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

wataru14 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:04 pm Interestingly, Sheena will protect all "human" females except Lorelai.
Not good looking enough perhaps? Lol. That's odd
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

He's probably afraid she'd stab him in the back for getting in her way.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Haha, that makes a lot more sense. I feel Lorelai would get legit pissed if a guy like Sheena tried to protect her.
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

Hahaha maybe Sheena tried to flirt with her but she rejected him because he was a weakling - after all she is only impressed by the heroes once they are high enough level. Plus she probably knows him from Suikoden 1, so she's aware of his many personality flaws :lol:
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Haha maybe. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sheena a pretty good character to have in your party in Suikoden 1?
TheyCallMeStacy

Post by TheyCallMeStacy »

Haha I am sure it's just an oversight, but it's fun to pretend it is intentional (not just in Suikoden, but in games in general haha). But yeah, Sheena was actually quite a good character in Suikoden 1 - his main issue was that he had the lightning rune permanently attached to him, which combined with Suikoden 1's one rune limitation, limited his usability in certain situations.

On a related note, I don't remember the particular characters, but I know you can't recruit Oulan if you bring certain female characters for the recruitment cutscene. I believe Sierra is one. This makes sense, since she is a very powerful vampire who controls a true rune, and it would make absolutely no sense to have her be a damsel in distress by a couple of street thugs haha. So it would be fun if there were an actual plot/character reason for why Sheena doesn't protect Lorelai haha.