[Mods] My Suikoden 2 modding, need some opinion/idea/suggestion

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
einlanzer0

Re: My Suikoden 2 modding, need some opinion/idea/suggestion

Post by einlanzer0 »

You know there are 2 unused stat growth (B and C hex) that get better at level 60-99. So i actually think maybe Konami have a plan to make some "late bloomer" character, i mean we already have Viktor who's "early peaker" (A hex in stat growth).
So what do you think? maybe a char like meg, millie, bolgan, tuta should have this stat growth instead.
Hmm, I don't think there are any more characters who can use any of those special stat growth rates in Suikoden II. They have definitely tried it with Viktor and Gremio, and suffice to say, Viktor's STR stat (A in hex) worked but not Gremio's (C in hex). IIRC, Viktor's HP growth in Suikoden I is one of those special growth rates, namely 0A in hex, but in SII, they changed his HP growth rate to 06 since he joins Riou's party much later than when he joined Tir's.

Actually Gremio does use this in Suiko 1. His strength increases normally from 1-20 and then again from 60-99, with 20-59 being his "dead levels" of only gaining 1 or 2 strength. This is why he's so weak when you lose him around level 33 or 34.

As far as I know, he's the only example of this.
Lyrinix

Post by Lyrinix »

Where would you edit the character's individual stat growths?
ZaruenVoresu

Post by ZaruenVoresu »

I do not agree with limiting the OP runes to just 1 slot (double beat , double strike , etc.)
Because than at some point, you will end up with the same problem as suikoden hard mode. which is that everyone will just end up using magic and physical will suck.. you should want people to use either physical or magic, and make the enemies strongeer instead.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I am watching speedruns lately and saw some pain points that should be modded to improve the player's experience: Gilbert should automatically join once he's attacked instead of having to be damaged. The CPU-controlled Flik should always attack him turn 1, so he would be an automatic recruit instead of a luck-based missable. And I don't know if he can be killed in that battle, but if so, that should be disabled too.

Another problematic point in the game is having to win against Tai Ho in Chinchinron to continue the story--he could just force you to play once betting the maximum amount (basically he would be testing your resolve, not Lady Luck).

I would want some of the younger characters to get late-bloomer stat buffs: Tuta, Hix, Tomo, Futch, Eilie, Bolgan, and Sasuke.
Several recruits also need some buffing: Freed Y, Gengen, Amada, Tai Ho, Hauser, Georg (perhaps Georg should get a unique version of the Killer Rune that gives a huge critical hit rate chance).
selphios

Post by selphios »

A question is there a mod to increase the store room capacity?
i am kind of a horder and like to collect all items and runes and stuff like that and the six page limit ticks me really off?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Gilbert can definitely be killed in that battle. I usually have Riou start moving right away (before he's recruited) to get into a healing position so Gilbert doesn't kamizake himself as soon as he switches. It's happened to me before.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I never knew Gilbert could be killed. I don't ever recall that happening in all my playthroughs. Playing as a kid, i assumed he was just an automatic recruit.
neoleaderz

Post by neoleaderz »

we need hunter rune at the beginning of the game