Unfinished New Game +

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
JiN88

Re: Unfinished New Game +

Post by JiN88 »

I thought the Rune talking was supposed to untranslated gibberish? what version are you playing? it seems like it has Bahasa Indonesia and English mixed in.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

This is pretty cool. I never knew this existed. Wow
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

I know this is kinda old and overanalyzed, but here's a clear image of what it looks like if the Rock in Sajah Village is removed.
Sajah entrance.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Any guides walkthrough for how is play this is event ? or only on Japanese version ?

I can go inside cave by other away but when I vs boss the game is freeze while enter battle....."
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

You can access the area with any version but since the area was never completed to begin with the bosses and rune warp at the last room will lead to crashes.

We do not know the exact condition to access the dungeon since it was cut and all we have are speculations. The only way to access the dungeon is through the talisman warp; all you need to do is travel from the lowest floor to the top, defeating bosses and collecting 8 orbs along the way, otherwise it's a typical dungeon. Someone has made a gameshark code before to fix the bosses and the rune warp that seems to bring you back to the beginning of the game.

EN version:
09-11: 301635F7 42
09-13: 301123F7 12 (no need for change)
09-14: 3016662F 42
09-15: 30113D0F 12
09-16: 30164EA7 42
09-17: 30113E27 12

JA version:
09-11: 3016360F 42 (no need for change)
09-13: 30112417 42
09-14: 3016666F 42
09-15: 30113D57 12
09-16: 30164F07 42
09-17: 30113E87 12

0x12: Sewer Rat
0x42: Poison Moth
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

JiN88 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 am You can access the area with any version but since the area was never completed to begin with the bosses and rune warp at the last room will lead to crashes.

We do not know the exact condition to access the dungeon since it was cut and all we have are speculations. The only way to access the dungeon is through the talisman warp; all you need to do is travel from the lowest floor to the top, defeating bosses and collecting 8 orbs along the way, otherwise it's a typical dungeon. Someone has made a gameshark code before to fix the bosses and the rune warp that seems to bring you back to the beginning of the game.

EN version:
09-11: 301635F7 42
09-13: 301123F7 12 (no need for change)
09-14: 3016662F 42
09-15: 30113D0F 12
09-16: 30164EA7 42
09-17: 30113E27 12

JA version:
09-11: 3016360F 42 (no need for change)
09-13: 30112417 42
09-14: 3016666F 42
09-15: 30113D57 12
09-16: 30164F07 42
09-17: 30113E87 12

0x12: Sewer Rat
0x42: Poison Moth
Thanks for response and help. :D
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

There are codes in this post to get around some issues and to add a warp to Viki's menu instead of using the Talismans.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 75#p158685
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:49 pm There are codes in this post to get around some issues and to add a warp to Viki's menu instead of using the Talismans.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 75#p158685
thanks Pyriel for help, I'm work to try to fix enter point for Sindra Castle, I removed Rock but we need add enter point for go inside, Watch my video.
Also when you try out from inside the screen become white In then the screen will stay white even when you out, But problem is Solved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://youtu.be/e7w0fL8lujk
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

https://github.com/pyriell/gs2-bugfixes ... /reference

Check out the script commands document.

You're going to have to ensure there's a script that loads the required module. That may be tricky, as you'll also need to ensure that you don't replace anything other scripts expect to have loaded. Once you have that going, you need to define an exit at the mouth of the cave. That will involve setting up a script that defines a narrow box on the map, and have that trigger a script to transfer the player into the area managed by the dungeon module.

Earlier in the thread, I think we discussed how scripts check X/Y coordinates, but I've only ever documented it in posts here. That aspect of the game is in a separate script handler from the commands in my document.

Getting out may be as simple as ensuring the existing exit script references the right module. I never got around to figuring out what it was trying to do, but my suspicion was that it either referenced an older module that had some bad calls in it, or because I was entering in an incorrect way, the required modules weren't loaded. I suspect the former just because of how it crashes, but the latter is definitely not out of the question. If the only entrance was meant to be from Sajah, the developers may have assumed that module would always be available on first landing in the dungeon.

Edit: One thing I don't think I ever tried (regarding the exit) is leaving that room and returning. Somewhere along the way, as you progress through the dungeon, the game will have to swap modules in preparation for the next section of the dungeon. In theory, if it does that using the usual mechanism, when you start back toward the exit it would have to swap in the module for Sajah again. So that's one simple way that might help confirm what the issue is with the exit.

Another thing that's odd, is that I don't expect the first map we see for the dungeon was actually reached just via the cave mouth. I expect there was an interior area that may have been removed more permanently to make space, if it's not still lurking in the module that handles Sajah's interiors. In any case, I didn't find any references to the dungeon map being used by searching for the methods I knew about at the time. I don't think I knew about the command they used when a module wasn't previously cached, but I think I did my search in such a way that it would have showed up regardless.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

OK, in addition to the edit on my previous post, I reran the search for module loads. The first module for the Dungeon (as far as we're aware) definitely loads Dungeon 2, and Sajah. I once again didn't find anything that appears to target the Unknown Dungeon entrance itself using any methods I know about (apart from the Dungeon 2 module, obviously). I also didn't find anything outside the Dungeon targeting what we believe are the "deeper" maps. Not in the area of Sajah anyway. There are a lot of hits in various modules for other areas. The most likely ones appeared to be compressed buffers, and are definitely not scripts. The remainder didn't look particularly likely, and I didn't look at them more closely.

The only remaining thing I can think to do is look for the Sajah interiors in VRAM and see if anything jumps out. I didn't identify a map as specifically for Sajah's interiors, so my best guess is that they're in an outlying portion of the exteriors. In any case, using a walkthrough walls code while wandering the buildings should suffice.

Double-posting just to make sure the additional information is noticed.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

How about the ROCK.STR file in the MOVI folder? It was thought to be related to the entrance but after looking at the JP demo I have my doubts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPycKcK ... e=youtu.be

The JP demo has it listed as M_EAT.STR which lead me to believe it was a cut animation of Earth rune or Soul eater (Earth is more likely based on how it looks); The next entry is M_FIR.STR which is for Final Flame opening FMV (Fire rune). I did try to hack it with both runes, and while they are present any usage of spells will lead to crashes.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It's possible it's related, but I don't see any reason why the rock would rise from the ground. It's already there. It'd be kind of a lame cut scene.

When you say you "[hacked] it with both runes", do you mean you replaced the files on disc with M_EAT.STR to see if casting Final Flame or something would cause that video to play?
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

In the JP demo I used cheat engine and managed to equip myself earth/mother earth/soul eater runes, and others, along with modifying Riou's stats level; you normally can't play past the mist monsters so most runes are unobtainable. All runes can be equipped that way and most of their spells will show up in combat but attempting to cast them will crash, most likely because the animation is missing.

Edit: Sorry. I made an error. It was Pale Gate Rune that only has 2 spells despite max stats. Darkness rune does contain all 4 spells but will crash the game.
Pale Gate Rune.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JiN88 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Ah, I see.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:59 am OK, in addition to the edit on my previous post, I reran the search for module loads. The first module for the Dungeon (as far as we're aware) definitely loads Dungeon 2, and Sajah. I once again didn't find anything that appears to target the Unknown Dungeon entrance itself using any methods I know about (apart from the Dungeon 2 module, obviously). I also didn't find anything outside the Dungeon targeting what we believe are the "deeper" maps. Not in the area of Sajah anyway. There are a lot of hits in various modules for other areas. The most likely ones appeared to be compressed buffers, and are definitely not scripts. The remainder didn't look particularly likely, and I didn't look at them more closely.

The only remaining thing I can think to do is look for the Sajah interiors in VRAM and see if anything jumps out. I didn't identify a map as specifically for Sajah's interiors, so my best guess is that they're in an outlying portion of the exteriors. In any case, using a walkthrough walls code while wandering the buildings should suffice.

Double-posting just to make sure the additional information is noticed.
I Found event only Elza and Clive in Sajah Village , Also I dont find any enter point to send me Dungeon....,I can transfer to go inside by use commands while talk peoples or object....I think the enter point deleted and clear event..., To change object rock this is adress :0x0BD0CC3C

I wonder if you played Genso Suikoden JP on PC ?, The full size 1.1 GB, I think we can find something about Saja Village - Dungeon......"

Suikoden II USA

00 = none object
01 = Rock
...etc

Fix Fight Bosses

0x0BE2A2CF=12
0x0BE2C1BF=12
0x0BE2C09F=12
0x0BE6863F=42
0x0BE6A27F=42
0x0BDF7DB7=42

But I did not find the last leader in the region.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------