Iron Boots and Recipe #34

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
gildedtalon

Iron Boots and Recipe #34

Post by gildedtalon »

When exactly are they available?

For recipe #34, I never once encountered a doremi elf in greenhill forest #2. Do they show up after liberation?

Wait, in order to get recipe #34, I must withdraw recipe #12 from the storehouse? Turns out that those recipes I didn't get before saved me lol :mrgreen:

Edit: Never mind, I got the recipe #34 with recipe #12 still in my storehouse :P

Btw about the iron boots, are we talking about the highland soldiers that can be fought infinitely near the cabin? This time I really got to 999999 potch twice and still no iron boots. Maybe I chose the wrong targets?

Edit: never mind, I got the iron boots from the highland soldiers near the cabin but not when I'm abusing the infinite times I can fight them. I just went straight to the city and the soldier kindly dropped it for me. The same soldiers that can be fought infinitely

I'm pretty sure that when they can be fought infinitely, they won't drop the item. You just have to reload and try again going back from the start and hopefully they'll drop the item for you after some resets
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Nostal

Re: Iron Boots and Recipe #34

Post by Nostal »

gildedtalon wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:55 am
Edit: never mind, I got the iron boots from the highland soldiers near the cabin but not when I'm abusing the infinite times I can fight them. I just went straight to the city and the soldier kindly dropped it for me. The same soldiers that can be fought infinitely

I'm pretty sure that when they can be fought infinitely, they won't drop the item. You just have to reload and try again going back from the start and hopefully they'll drop the item for you after some resets
Would you or someone help me also for this drop? because I already run out my chances fighting the soldiers. I fought the one near the cabin and doesn't seems to drop (almost going to first 999.999. Potch).

Anyone can confirm the respawn soldier drop Iron Boots?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

The Iron Boots are dropped by the Spear Soldiers in Greenhill (if you're Hunter Rune-ing). I usually use Pyriel's item drop code to get a few pairs. They stop appearing after Liberation, so you can't really farm them. If you're a completionist, I'd just get one pair for storage. Wing Boots are only 1 point weaker in defense and give you a speed bonus that Iron Boots don't. And you can farm them as Rare Finds in in two different shops.
Nostal

Post by Nostal »

Thanks for responding. We know the one is equipped on Pes, so I think it's still okay if I pass this boots from Highland Soldires. But I still want to know them if I can get it from infinite soldiers near the cabin specifically?

I avoid using any codebreaker. I do some collecting all missable item, including recipes and pay very much attention to it. Credits to Pyriel for fixing most bug with his patch (update 2019). Maybe I will activate them later if I have problem with the last recipe.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

You can get them from any spear-using soldier during that mission (in the woods or in the town), but only during that mission. They stop appearing after Greenhill is Liberated, so you can't get them "infinitely." If you just keep fighting the soldiers near the cabin you can farm as many as your bag will hold if you've got the patience. If you're looking to completely outfit your army with them, you'll have to leave and come back several times (and I'm not sure you can).

As far as I know, the game checks for drops in the order that the enemies were killed. So taking the spear-users out first ups your chances. Happy hunting!
Nostal

Post by Nostal »

wataru14 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:15 pm You can get them from any spear-using soldier during that mission (in the woods or in the town), but only during that mission. They stop appearing after Greenhill is Liberated, so you can't get them "infinitely." If you just keep fighting the soldiers near the cabin you can farm as many as your bag will hold if you've got the patience. If you're looking to completely outfit your army with them, you'll have to leave and come back several times (and I'm not sure you can).

As far as I know, the game checks for drops in the order that the enemies were killed. So taking the spear-users out first ups your chances. Happy hunting!
Thanks Wataru. I finally got one from soldiers near the cabin