Bug Fixes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Bug Fixes

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Yup, it appears to be a localization issue, I forced a save to read as Japanese version instead and they counter quite easily.

I believe the PSN version should be PAL, right? I probably have a save at the end that I can test against Eye Flowers at least if you don't. Or you can just change the save region again.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Same trick with the UK version. No counters, exactly like I was playing a slow version of the US localization.

It's a good thing too. The EU folks would've had some explaining to do.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So just for the hell of it I checked the US Prototype from July of 1999 since the Prima guide says they can only counter and that's the version they seem to have based their guide off, but they don't counter there either so whatever broke was broken before that and Prima didn't base it on empirical evidence, they just copied what the Japanese guide said.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Testing quick reply.
2eahis0wn

Post by 2eahis0wn »

Who knew Monwer and its family were the embodiment of the Counter Rune eh? Got me searching for footage of its "attack". Good thing a YouTuber was doing a side-by-side run of the JP and US copies of the game. Skip to 4:22:42 of the video. Good times! **Thanks always for these amazing discoveries Suikosource people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDpR1LokOGA

PS: Hope someday Mr. Pyriel releases a bugfix to finally address the "Recipes effects bug" were the procc chance for all food items is set at 10%. Also unconfirmed (since I only used an emulator for my recent run) is the sound leftover issue of the Tenzan Chimaera's screech attack. It persists for the remainder of the battle.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

The lingering sound is an emulator issue, unless there's something special going on with that enemy specifically. You can also get it with things like the Buddy Attack unite. Although, that tends not to linger long, as it generally ends battles pretty quickly during the stages of the game where it can be used.
2eahis0wn

Post by 2eahis0wn »

Pyriel wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:41 am The lingering sound is an emulator issue, unless there's something special going on with that enemy specifically. You can also get it with things like the Buddy Attack unite. Although, that tends not to linger long, as it generally ends battles pretty quickly during the stages of the game where it can be used.
Great info Pyriel! I just assumed it might be an issue since the Chimera spawning in L'Renouille Castle didn't have it. Thanks and you're awesome!
Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko »

Is GS2_Patch_2.01.065b_2013-12-19.zip still the latest public patch?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

No. I forgot that was in the first post. Downloading the Git repo as a zip is the best way to get the latest patch.