WTF moments of Suikoden II

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
TrueWater00

Re: WTF moments of Suikoden II

Post by TrueWater00 »

yeah i was checking the volume on my tv as well, OK how about this WTF moment, i hope im not the only one that noticed, but when you use kasumis shrike rune, SOMETIMES when she picks the enemy up to lift him up, you can see her BUTT!!! no joke, has ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THIS LOL her skirt is like flipped up or something!! it doesnt happen all the time though like 50 percent
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I'd say there's a peeping tom in the barrel watching Elle and Rina. Just my two cents really. :\

I always thought that doorman in Radat was a few cents short of a dollar.

This doesn't really seem to be a WTF moment...but the way Nanami treats Riou when he returns, tackling him to the ground, grabbing him by the scruff of his shirt, and slamming his head into the ground repeatidly, then slamming him into the wall (with enough force to leave an imprint) made me think "WTF?! That's one hell of a greeting!"
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I'm pretty sure this won't count but I remember Rowd having a typo-line somewhere in the game....this kind of makes me feel like the game had to have been rushed, with the translation and all the minor stuff we find.....but that doesn't do anything near bringing the game down a .01 of a rating in my opinion...kind of fun to point those things out.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

RangerDeon wrote:
highwind44029 wrote:I think it was during a convo with Anabelle?

I got the best ending even with McDohl in party.
same here.

but that brings me to another one. I lol'd when she was supposed to sing. . .and nothing came out. I thought my game was broken
Anabelle =/= Annallee
Lazlo 3n lculcl3s

Post by Lazlo 3n lculcl3s »

Richmond's Investigation

Name: Tuta
Position: Rear Guard
Note: None Tuta is the son of one of Dr. Haun's friends. At his age, he's still probably crying out for his momma when it gets dark out. Poor little kid... Tuta's 'Medicine Rune' automatically supplies medicine to members of the group when they need it. It's pretty useful.

My biggest WTF moment. I actually lol'ed at that.
abs

Post by abs »

ill check tuta. Wow rear guard.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I noticed that in this game, they have a problem with wording.

Like for example: When Alex and the gang comes from the ruins, he throws the healing plant in anger. Nanami reminds him that they did go with him and that he made a promise, but she says this:

"Well anyway, you really helped out hunting for the treasure. I won't forget my promise"

Obviously this is something Alex should have said, but Alex's response indicated that Nanami should have said it. . but switching the possessive pronouns. (it's pronouns, right? I, me, hers, mine, etc. . .whatever)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

They just forget to put Alex portrait there.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

There are a couple moments like that in both Suikoden I and II where they either forgot a portrait or put someone else's portrait there instead. It's always a bit jarring.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Antimatzist wrote:They just forget to put Alex portrait there.
Initially, that's what I thought. That they put her portrait there instead of his. But this wasn't the case here, I believe.

See, Alex's response to this indicated that Nanami was supposed to say it but they put "I" instead of "you"

Because his response was something along the lines of "aaaaah. . ahhh. . "

Like a nervous "Oh, you got me there" kind of response.
Simple grammatical error in the translation, I guess.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Freak

Post by Freak »

I noticed yesterday that Viktor or Shu (don't remember) says something like "Riou and Jowy, I want you to attack" during a strategy talk later in the game when Jowy has been your enemy for a long time. Weird.
And I never understood why that guy in Radat says "Please accept the job". I thought at first I was missing something and wasted half an hour talking to everyone in the village to figure out what that meant. :P
Blutiger Engel

Post by Blutiger Engel »

The "please accept the job" thing is a mistranslation. It's supposed to say, "don't come back" or something to that effect. I had a WTF moment when I saw that the first time, too, since Riou is the one offering Shu the job...
wladodragovic

Post by wladodragovic »

Same here. I was wondering for YEARS why he was saying 'Accept the Job'...
And almost instantly I forget and go do something useful in the game. That's how I see Suikoden mistranslations, as something not to be concerned about. But it's funny nonetheless...

But just recently I found out about bath scenes with Riou, Viktor and Flik... Now THAT was a WTF scene for me...
"Riou, Are You Getting Bigger?".... :|
Azadi

Post by Azadi »

My WTF moment was when Rina takes that captain to the side at North Sparrow Pass and he comes back all nervous and stuff. I can only imagine what she was doing.. Lool

Also I was playing the Matilda scene last night where you watch the refugees get slaughtered and I noticed another translation error. The refugees say "We have to save them!"
Some of the translation errors are funny.

Also that chef.. The first one. Yu Kum. That makes me laugh too :P
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Azadi wrote:My WTF moment was when Rina takes that captain to the side at North Sparrow Pass and he comes back all nervous and stuff. I can only imagine what she was doing.. Lool

Also I was playing the Matilda scene last night where you watch the refugees get slaughtered and I noticed another translation error. The refugees say "We have to save them!"
Some of the translation errors are funny.

Also that chef.. The first one. Yu Kum. That makes me laugh too :P

Haha, same thing here about Rina, i was only 14 or something at the time so ofcourse, i had naughty thoughts about it.