Rowd's HP

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Author

Rowd's HP

Post by Author »

I was able to inflict 1068 on Rowd but I ran out of Medicines, haha so I ended out dying. Next time, I'm going to throw away the vases I have and buy more Medicines, but just how much HP does Rowd has? He cured himself twice (200HP), Riou is level 14, Mukumuku is Level 11 and Nanami is of course level 5.

Yea, I'm trying to defeat him without cheating.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Rowd's HP

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Amazingly enough there's more to Suikosource than just a message board.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs2/gu ... stiary.php
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Author

Post by Author »

Ah. I looked through walkthroughs but didn't expect Suikosource to have it. TY.
jbd86es

Post by jbd86es »

I heard on gamefaqs.com that Rowd has about 1200 HP, but I've done more than 1500 damage to him (not including an extra 500 damage to compensate for the 5 times he healed himself by 100 HP each) and I eventually just quit; I've spent nearly 3 hours trying to beat him and could not. I do not think it is possible despite rumors that you can defeat him.
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

He has 3000 HP, not 1500. Rowd being beatable isn't a rumour, it's a fact. If you don't believe it, try doing this;

1: Save right before the Rowd fight.
2: Play through the game as normal until you have returned to the Mercenary Fortress.
3: Go through Toto, into the Muse area, then head for the Muse/Matilda border.
4: Push the gate blocking the way and go into the Matilda area.
5: Make it to the Highway Village without getting killed. (the hardest part of this, though not too difficult)
6: Walk into the Inn and trigger the events that get Humphrey & Futch into your party.
7: With their help, kill monsters in the area and level up*
8: Once you're done leveling, let the party get wiped out.
9: Choose "Don't give up" to continue from where you last saved.
10: Use your level boosted characters to beat Rowd.

*Anywhere in the 30s should do fine, but you can boost them to level 80 if you know what you're doing.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Reinbach_III wrote:
*Anywhere in the 30s should do fine, but you can boost them to level 80 if you know what you're doing.
I never figured out how to lvl up your characters beyond lets say 64...
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Reinbach_III

Post by Reinbach_III »

In most RPGs, you get a fixed amount of exp for killing a monster and the higher level you are, the more exp it takes to level up.
In this game, no matter what level you are on, it always takes 1000 exp to level up. The amount of exp you get from a monster changes based on what level you are in relation to the monsters.

If your character has a much lower level than the monsters' levels, then you'll gain a lot of exp.
If your character has a higher level than the monsters' levels, then you'll gain very little exp.

I figured the exact numbers out myself a couple of days ago:

Code: Select all

Diff       Exp
-14 1
-13 2
-12 3
-11 5
-10 7
-9 10
-8 15
-7 20
-6 30
-5 50
-4 70
-3 90
-2 120
-1 160
00 200
01 400
02 900
03 1600
04 2600
05 3900
06 5100
07 6000
08 6900
09 7500
10 8000
11 8500
12 9000
13 9300
14 9700
15+ 10000
Diff = Enemy's Level - Character's Level

You can see monster levels in the bestiary, click the link provided earlier in this topic.

Experience points are shared between all the characters that survive the battle and are worked out individually for each character.
For example, if a level 10 character and a level 20 character beat one level 20 monster, the level 10 character would gain 4000 exp and the level 20 character would gain 100 exp. As a result, the level 10 character would jump to level 14.

The trick is to take this to the extreme. Have a character that is 15 levels lower than a group of 6 monsters win a battle and be the only survivor in the party. Get it right and your character will jump 60 levels.
You're allowed to bring higher level characters to help kill the monsters, but they must die before the battle ends.

This is often used by people to send their level 39 characters (or up to level 49 with the Fortune Rune) all the way to level 99 by using the Highland Soldier fights in the last dungeon. It's fairly easy to do at this stage, with the help of a level 4 Blue Gate spell. Just make sure that your level 39 is on full HP going into the fight and everyone else in your party is very close to death.
"Me, sir? I'm just a poor jujube vendor, with hungry kids waiting at home..." Scholtenheim Reinbach III
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

great research! the only thing to note is that the minimum EXP you obtain from any battle is 5 EXP.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Very nice list indeed :)

As KFCrispy said, it will be always rounded up to 5 exp per battle for each character.

With a fortune rune, you could even bring a lv 1 char up to lv 99 (120.000 exp). Just equip a Sacrificial Jizo to "survive" the Blue Gate spell.

Unlike S2, in S1 all battle members will count (either alive or dead), so a party of McDohl and any char will result in a max. of 60.000 exp with fortune.

S4 caps the max of exp per battle at 10.000 for any participator.

Does anyone know if this list works for S3 as well?
Author

Post by Author »

Haha, I was able to do 1500 damage on Rowd with a Level 16 Riou, Level 5 Nanami and Level 12 Mukumuku on another try. I gave up and did the "cheat" XD It was mostly Riou using Rues and using Clay Guardian to protect them all. I ran out of scrolls and medicines for Nanami, haha. Without the Family Attack, it's hopeless.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I just had a 90 minute battle but I took him out!

Clay guardian to boost defense. Throw on some winged boots on nanami for extra defensive purposes.

Lvl 11 nanamaki
lvl 15 riou
Lvl 5 nanami

Used some spell scrolls but mostly it was family attack and the random hit from nanamaki....

Doing 2-15 dmg per turn and with scrolls 70-100

He heals himself but not permanently (like 5 times in total) focus attacks on rowd and have nanami do 1 attack on the guards but keep then alive is a way to get rowd to waste his spells on the guards instead of himself.

Once he starts healing himself it is still a long way to go... I thought he would be having around 100 hp and saved all my scrolls for just that moment but this was a false illusion as it took still half an hour.

Roughly 100 hp dmg over 8 turns with the exception of when I used scrolls.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

I was receiving 0-3 hp dmg per turn
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Is there any special dialogue if you manage to beat him? I never thought it was possible to beat him. Seems like a lot of work though lol
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

I don't remember but I have done it before. He does say something but in the end he'll just order the soldiers to carry you off making the whole fight pointless.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

JiN88 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:10 pm I don't remember but I have done it before. He does say something but in the end he'll just order the soldiers to carry you off making the whole fight pointless.
I suppose it's always neat to experience new things in a game you've played a bunch of times, but it doesn't seem worth it for me. The glitch removes all the fun in leveling up your characters the hard way for me.