[Mods] Suikoden II - Rebalanced [hard mod]

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
ninjaluc79

Re: [Mods] Suikoden II - Rebalanced [hard mod]

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Rizen wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:38 am sorry i should be checking this more, Psychedelist is not able to respond as much as he once was, as he has been displaced by the war.

1. please remember to use the correct emulator. EmuHawk 2.3.0. (psychedelist told me once, he did all his testing on this emulator, as it was able to read modified rom files, other emulators didnt have the capacity to and may therefore develope bugs.) link https://tasvideos.org/Bizhawk/PreviousReleaseHistory

2. The use of Clay Guardian is fine, and it needed throughout the gameplay.

3. i dont agree with using codes to raise stats on this play, would kinda make the play pointless. its already do able ive done it twice.

if i dont answer after so many weeks and u need help, find me on my Twitch. RizenGT.
I'm praying for him, I hope he's okay.

I have my own ideas for a Normal Mode Rebalanced Mod, but I will have to save them until next year when I have completed my own balance tests on Psychedelist's Hard Mode Rebalance mod. For now, my points of concern are:

* Tweaks on the stat growths of quite a few characters.
* Clay Guardian as it stands in Psych's mod is kinda useless late game. Maybe there is a way to scale it based on the user's MAG and Earth affinity?
* I have a proposed change for the Warrior Attack: Tengaar's part of the Unite should be magical and the damage dealt to Hix should scale with his max HP or be based on Tengaar's MAG.
* Is there a way for the Sleep chance on Wind of Sleep to scale with MAG, LUK, and Wind affinity?
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Rizen

Post by Rizen »

you need to use clay throughout for sure. idk about the other two comments i suspect this would involve a deeper lvl of programming.
Segalen75

Post by Segalen75 »

Good morning everyone, thanks for all this work!

Just wanted to ask: are McDohl and the recipe of Gremio included in this mod / patch?
When I launch a New Game, my suikoden I final save does not appear. How I am supposed to recruit McDohl at Gregminster?

Or is this event automatically included in this patch? I prefer asking before spending hours to get to this point!
If there is any "read me.txt", presenting all the changes in the game, I would like to read it! Thanks!
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

After recruiting Luc, when progressing the story, going to Radat, i'm trying to recruit Amada but he's taking 0 damage from all attacks. A bug, definitely. Is there a fix or workaround for this?
DenisFps

Post by DenisFps »

Felipe wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:56 pm After recruiting Luc, when progressing the story, going to Radat, i'm trying to recruit Amada but he's taking 0 damage from all attacks. A bug, definitely. Is there a fix or workaround for this?
its not a bug you need to equip belt of strengths to increase your attack cause amada has pretty high defense thats why youre dealing 0 damage cause you dont have enough attack
Felipe

Post by Felipe »

After recruiting Kasumi and coming back to castle I checked the table for the first time and saw that one "Tenki Star" is greyed out.
One has Shu that is white and the other has nothing and is greyed.
Theresa is Tenki Star, right? She is at my castle hall but somehow it's greyed in tablet.
Any cheat I can apply to fix it?

Edit: Just realized that Yuzu is missing from her ranch area along with all pets. Her name is white in tablet though.

Any way to fix those things or this save is already screwed?

Edit2: Now that I checked, more are missing: Taki, Yan Ko, Yuzu and Teresa.

Edit3: Solution to missing characters: you can add gameshark/cheat code to fix that missing character.
Here is an external list of all characters codes: https://www.almarsguides.com/retro/walk ... cterCodes/