Staying with Apple

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Staying with Apple

Post by wataru14 »

During the Liberation of Greenhill battle, you can go with Viktor, go with Kiba, or stay with Apple. For those who have stayed with Apple, how does it work? I tried it once and I remember it was a lot of waiting around and choosing a strategy when a letter arrives, but having no information to base it on. Although, admittedly, it's been two decades since I've tried it.

Anyone know of a walkthrough or video for that path?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Staying with Apple

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

There's some sort of timer, you wait until a messenger comes with a report and you'll be asked for instructions on how to proceed and you get three choices that boil down to

1. The Right Option
2. The Wrong Option
3. Ask Apple

And the wrong option is usually pretty obvious. Shu will pretty quickly take over the Greenhill battle regardless of what you do so you're left with directing the army at the Muse border. 1 or 2 reports after that Hauser will report that they've driven off the reinforcements at the border, if you kept choosing the wrong options the report also says that Viktor got surrounded during the battle and one of the non-essential characters died as a result of your reckless orders.

Shu will then request that you come to Greenhill as Highland has retreated beyond the walls.

Not aware of any videos but there's a Let's Play archive that brushes over all the three options https://lparchive.org/Suikoden-II-(by-T ... date%2050/
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Awesome! Thanks.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3KyYwKVC7w
Here's a vid of the permadeath from the wrong choices.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I always choose this option, because the major battles in suikoden 2 suck anyway and it's much more amusing reading the dialogue that ensues.
First time I did it, I used all my own decisions and got Hannah killed, so I reloaded. Then I left all the decisions to Apple. I trust her.