[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
WD932

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by WD932 »

Thanks again @Pyriel :) A follow up to my previous post. Is there a code that I do not need to keep always on to have the full roster available to party change at Leona's (both Joey's, extra animals, McDohl?) I had also previously mentioned there was problems using said code when working with the merchants but found a way to stop the game from freezing up. I just add the "extra" people to my active party to use merchants like normal.

Would there be a code that keeps Kiba's war unit active after death? I want to feel a bit like Viktor's nemesis and move a "zombie" Kiba unit around if possible. Yes it something to do with his stats. No I do not need him to win as I have done it multiple times in the past just looking for something different and to satisfy my curiosity.

Assuming it is not possible to have both Kasumi and Valeria's war units at the same time?

Another thing is it possible to get Viki to teleport to places not usually on the list (Gregminster, Rokkaku, Sajah, Highway Village just to name a few?)

For the always win cooking event codes where is the spot to modify the score received? I ask because I feel bad for destroying someone with an 84 and they get 38 or less. I tried changing a few numbers around myself but I only get weird glitches. All of which cause the game to freeze after the event is finished. For example: instead of number cards that each judge held up it would replicate the table they were sitting at for each card, sometimes Fu would have a blank dialogue box or it changed the layout of the "work bench" to some other random thing (not always a table)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

For party change: No, that code has to be active to extend the number of characters that are read by the tavern menu.
Kiba: If bringing him back to life with a recruit code doesn't work, then he's probably removed by a story/event flag. I think the code to break that check would probably be prohibitively long, and every war battle is its own module anyway. Might take up to ten or so different codes to make him available all the time.
Kasumi & Valeria: It might be, but it's prone to the same painfulness as Kiba, I expect.
Viki: Yeah, there's a code in the "Unfinished New Game+" thread that adds the otherwise inaccessible challenge dungeon. Similar methods can be used to add other destinations, but I think the potential number of extra entries was fairly small. It might be as low as 1 (without replacing useful entries).
Cooking: That's the one that has all 7B7B at the end? I'm going to guess it's the 7 that contains the actual score (7x4x3). I'm not sure offhand what it's changing, but the math kind of works, and they'd need 3 bits to store a score of 5, and probably don't limit it to valid scores. The other 4 bits might be flags or another value packed in. This is all conjecture, but that's what I'd change for a start, leave the rest alone, and see what the results are.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

The cooking bit I tried changing that code around "7B7B" and ended up with tables instead of score cards and game hang up after event ended (black screen with no sound except on a rare occasion a repeating sound bit) and also randomly changing work station and judges tables. Sometimes even Fu Tan would pop up a blank screen (mixed blessing there! lol) This happened changing values higher and lower for me in just those 4 positions. While funny and where I was liking to go with this playthrough it broke the game so it is just a one time view. Personally I would recommend doing that change at least once for anyone just to see it for yourselves.

Did not realize it would be a lengthy code for Kiba/Valeria/Kasumi. I did try the unrecruit and recruit flagging before asking in here which did not do anything. Well I guess that will just remain a mystery then. No need for lengthy code entering as in my opinion not worth it (seems a lot of people feel that way too as I read the other forums.)

Well at least I found a way to fix the issue around the merchants while using this code. Just put McDohl, Jowy x2 (maybe even just McDohl) in your active party and the merchant will not freeze the game when trying to outfit/upgrade them. I will try again with keeping the code active and just have McDohl in my party to see if that is all that is needed since I saw that without the code all the way up to Jowy King is on the list.

Going to head over to the new game+ thread to check out the Viki teleport info. If it is as simple as changing the code as needed then I will just change it as needed.

Thanks again @Pyriel ! I especially like how you put the logic/reason behind each bit of code weather it is given or not. It helps for me because I do not always think that codes should or need to be that long to do what seems like should be a simple flag flipping. Who am I kidding?! I think everything is a flag flip lol
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

OK, I was curious and while that cooking cheat code is kind of broken (it can either be half as long, or all the lines should begin with 3), it's definitely the upper 4 bits of each value that represents the main score. I wonder if your emulator is breaking a bit due to the unaligned writes.

300256C3 007B
300256C4 007B
300256C5 007B
300256C6 007B
300256C7 007B
300256C8 007B
300256C9 007B
300256CA 007B
300256CB 007B
300256CC 007B
300256CD 007B
300256CE 007B
300256CF 007B
300256D0 007B
300256D1 007B
300256D2 007B

Or

300256C3 007B
800256C4 7B7B
800256C6 7B7B
800256C8 7B7B
800256CA 7B7B
800256CC 7B7B
800256CE 7B7B
800256D0 7B7B
300256D2 007B

I think you don't even need the first four bytes to be overwritten. I couldn't see that they affected any scores, but maybe it's conditional? There should only be 12 scores per contestant per contest, one way or another, though.

In any case, if you change 7B to 5B, that'll get you 5s across the board. Or 4 will get you 4s. The lower 4 bits has some sort of effect on the final score. It's probably to do with favorites or something of the kind. From what I saw, if it was D through F, the score would get a plus one bonus, so 3D got a 4 out of the character on screen.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

Ah okay I was messing around with letter portion of the last 4 but it more than likely is breaking as you say with my emulator input method. Then again I can not rule out user error either as I am prone to miss click a lot. Hmm going to test it out soon as I am on the final 2 cook off events.

Edit: Tried the old code and both the new codes you just shared. All of the codes worked to change the score for 11th challenger but none worked to modify the 12th challenger.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I kind of wondered about that. That region of memory has a few variables in fixed locations, but it's mostly allocated dynamically in smallish chunks when some part of the game needs space, and the data doesn't need to stick around. Since nobody had complained that it didn't work, or stopped working randomly, I just figured whoever made it had stumbled on one of the rare, fixed sets of addresses.
WD932

Post by WD932 »

The repeated button smash for food prepping works still though. It gets it to one section above the halfway point. Add a little of your own smashing and it gets to full. The final challenger does not seem to follow the right rules to get better scores so is not too hard to beat compared to earlier ones. It is almost a freebie. By the way that short code I was able to put in one instead of breaking the lines apart. Again thanks for the help!
Scorcher

Post by Scorcher »

First post on this forum, came here cuz I wanted to share some oddities I "found"(someone else probably did just never went into it) while playing around with codes:

#1 Mindfulness Crystals and the Monster Recruit events
Removing the Mindfullness Crystals does nothing, the events don't even seem to check for them, they just subtract 1 when the event is finished.
Enabling 2 other monsters does nothing, you can still recruit a third one, even if you have no Mindfullness Crystals, this proves that Sigfried, Feather, Abizboah and Rulodia's events all use their own flags, rather than checking if other monsters are recruited or not.

#2 Kasumi and Valeria
Enabling Valeria removes Kasumi's name from the Tablet, and vice-versa. Removing both removes both names. Recruiting Tomo puts her name on the tablet twice.
Valeria seems to take priority when recruiting both her and Kasumi when it comes to which War Battle unit you get.

#3 A Strange Recruitment Flag
This one wasn't found with playing with recruitment flags, but rather playing with my save file. If a character has the recruitment flag "35" that means they're recruited, but not currently available, it seems. When I tested it on my save, Hai Yo and Ridley had this flag, and if I recall correctly, this save was somewhere around the Radat War Battle.

People have probably found most of these, but I just wanted to share them in detail in case anybody was curious.
faospark

Post by faospark »

as for valeria for as long as you use the code end game like you are just about to enter L'renouille it wont affect the placement of kasumi and tomo .
same goes for abizboah and rulodia(a non-star) it wont affect Seigfried and Feather but at least you can recruit chuchara as an extra character natively in game
muridesuuu

Post by muridesuuu »

Hi, does anyone knows the in-battle code for always berserk for all party members?
This_goes

Post by This_goes »

Hello everyone! This is one of the GOAT RPGs but it's too easy! Does anyone have codes to multiply enemy and boss hp/damage? Preferably in 2x 3x 4x 5x 10x options for HP and 2x & 3x for damage? Honestly I'd settle just for enemy HP being increased as I really think that one change would make a BIG difference since bosses drop like flies later. I know there is a hard mode mod on here, but there are some elements I'd rather do without. You all rock! :)
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I don't know about codes, but there's a hard-mode ROM hack on Romhacking.net. I've never played it though, so I don't know how hard, balanced, or functional the hack is.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
This_goes

Post by This_goes »

Yeah I've heard of those...I'm playing on my Android phone so idk if they work or not? I think the biggest problem is that endgame you do soooo much damage with level 4 magic and decked out melee characters that no fight lasts more than a few turns. If you could at least raise the HP of bosses then that would help. I feel like the only way I'm going to have a challenge is via self handicap, but that takes away part of the fun of getting better gear and Runes. Maybe I'll try a no sharpening no armor run. But in the mean time if anyone has codes to make bosses harder I'd love you forever :)
This_goes

Post by This_goes »

Well here I am about a week later having started a new game without sharpening weapons or using any armor. I'm disappointed to say that after just defeating Neclord the 2nd time, I still have blown through the game without a single gameover. It's actually nice having to heal more often, but the biggest problem is still that magic is just wayyy too good, combined with low health pools on enemies and bosses.

I thought maybe I'd at least get softlocked at the duel with Luca Blight, but that wasn't the case either. Apparently I'll have to try the rest of the game without any offensive magic, or at least severely limiting it :(. If anyone knows if the hard mode mod works on Android let me know, otherwise still hoping for cheats to make bosses harder!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

The only hard mode patches I know about are just patches applied to the ISO. You might not be able to apply them on Android, but if you apply the patch elsewhere, I can't imagine it wouldn't work. Well, as long as the developer didn't make a mistake somewhere that trips up your emulator, like doing improperly aligned reads or writes that were ignored or "corrected" by the emulator they tested on.