Suikoden II - how is enable Characters ?

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Suikoden II - how is enable Characters ?

Post by Pyriel »

Well, what you're editing is VI05.BIN. The script you're adding is telling it that the party change module is loaded in the same location as VI05, which is obviously impossible. Ideally, the location where VI04 is loaded would already have the party change module. Since it doesn't, you can, theoretically, swap it out for the appropriate version of the party change code, but that's really troublesome.

I can't discern any reason for what you're trying to do. It doesn't seem worth the hassle. At any rate, what you'd have to do is issue the command (which may be 1F, but I'm not 100% sure that's the case here) to load the appropriate version of the party change code where VI04 is currently loaded. Then you could issue the commands to add characters, and to be safe, you'd have to reload VI04 when you're done. It seems like an absolute waste when you could just poke the character into the party, or change their recruit status. The only reason I can think to appropriate scripts this way is if you're trying to do some sort of conversion mod, and, honestly, this isn't an engine that's worth utilizing in that way.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:31 pm Well, what you're editing is VI05.BIN. The script you're adding is telling it that the party change module is loaded in the same location as VI05, which is obviously impossible. Ideally, the location where VI04 is loaded would already have the party change module. Since it doesn't, you can, theoretically, swap it out for the appropriate version of the party change code, but that's really troublesome.

I can't discern any reason for what you're trying to do. It doesn't seem worth the hassle. At any rate, what you'd have to do is issue the command (which may be 1F, but I'm not 100% sure that's the case here) to load the appropriate version of the party change code where VI04 is currently loaded. Then you could issue the commands to add characters, and to be safe, you'd have to reload VI04 when you're done. It seems like an absolute waste when you could just poke the character into the party, or change their recruit status. The only reason I can think to appropriate scripts this way is if you're trying to do some sort of conversion mod, and, honestly, this isn't an engine that's worth utilizing in that way.
I give up in Rockaxe castle...I think you can use scripts command when Miklotov come with you to go Muse city, anyway I tried in Highway Village and work fine because Humphrey and Futch event, that is why scripts command worked fine, Also In beginning story Jowy joined and come with you, That is why is become available

1- Every place characters join and come with your party = available using scripts command
2- Every place characters join and not come with your party = unavailable using scripts command
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

How can I insert this is scprit command from VI04 to file VI05 ? for make file available....
Julian

Post by Julian »

On PS1, I dunno. You'll need to figure out how it's all stored and try to find some space to insert it.

It's a little easier on PSP. They moved all the actual code out of the module files, and instead just left a list of script command ids in the header somewhere. So adding another file's is as easy as finding that list and inserting the correct id in one of the empty slots. (It usually has some empty slots...)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I've moved things to the end of the modules in the past, and changed all the pointers. Personally, I would do that with the patcher, though, overwriting the static files and rebuilding the disc. When you're poking in memory as the game runs, or using cheat codes, shuffling everything around can get fiddly and tedious. Unless you roll your own cheat commands or something. I suppose you could make use of the LUA features in cheat engine to copy a script, apply edits to it, and then overwrite the pointer without a lot of manual rigmarole.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:52 pm I've moved things to the end of the modules in the past, and changed all the pointers. Personally, I would do that with the patcher, though, overwriting the static files and rebuilding the disc. When you're poking in memory as the game runs, or using cheat codes, shuffling everything around can get fiddly and tedious. Unless you roll your own cheat commands or something. I suppose you could make use of the LUA features in cheat engine to copy a script, apply edits to it, and then overwrite the pointer without a lot of manual rigmarole.
Thnak you guys for responses

It is so difficult for me using Cheat engine, I'm use Hexworkshop for insert or edit...etc, if you help me for that would be greatly appreciated. :|
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Julian wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:10 pm On PS1, I dunno. You'll need to figure out how it's all stored and try to find some space to insert it.

It's a little easier on PSP. They moved all the actual code out of the module files, and instead just left a list of script command ids in the header somewhere. So adding another file's is as easy as finding that list and inserting the correct id in one of the empty slots. (It usually has some empty slots...)
Really it is so great maybe I will check out, any advice or guidance how insert all script command ids?, But Suikoden 1 & 2 version Japanses..... :roll: