[Codes] Gameshark codes

If you are stuck in the Dunan Unification Wars; or wish for more details on the gameplay systems, this is the place.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Codes] Gameshark codes

Post by Pyriel »

Oh yeah. I forgot when I made that code that the game loads either the file with the serial number at the start and then switches to MAIN.EXE or vice versa. It really should have a couple of checks to make sure the right executable is running.

I always kind of wondered why they did that, but never cared enough to look into it. Seems it was the only way they could figure out to do the Konami logo and such at the time without interfering with the rest of the game, I guess.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

at some point in the future i'm planning to replay Suikoden 2. so i was planning to set up a new cheated save file.

i already have 1 save file set up with a bunch of fun stuff to make my life easier for recruiting some characters like simonne and lebrant (cheating items into my character's item slots to take out in the storehouse later)

plus i had cheated in tessai and the staff version of Jowy :)

then a while back i was looking at the excel file where i store the codes and it occurred to me. i can just cheat in the vendor characters in without needing to mess around with items.

then the thought occured to me about a character you get late in the game.

Jude.

does anyone know if me cheating jude in without getting the clay the normal way would affect him making the statue in any way?
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

Sorry to be a pain everyone but wanted some more info.

I want to have Kasumi in tavern but not recruited is this easily possible, the only reason is that I want to get Valeria but see Kasumi's ninja recruitment.

Also is there a way to say trigger all the individual character scenes when meeting McDohl? I see someone on Youtube has a video but that can just be clips spliced together.

Also I plan to use all characters code after I get all characters legit, but I know from previous playthroughs that makes Kiba appear as alive just with no lines, I guess just use the recruit code and put digits in to show him as dead? Also i'm worried about it messing up the stone tablet order.

Another request is it possible to have a walk through walls on world map? I know years ago when I had PAL version the code worked on that because I was using it to test if I can sharpen Viktors weapon before going to North Window and see if the name changes, or if its easier a way to sharpen at regular blacksmiths up to 16.

Also is there a way to put the blinking mirror into special items early on? Just fast travel comes quite late in the game for me.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

1. The tavern works off of recruit status, so probably not. They'd have to not check that status and instead use a separate event flag for Kasumi's recruitment event. It's doubtful it would work, but you could try it and see.
  2. I doubt it. At that point in the scripting, I think it just fires based on the first condition satisfied. For example, if you bring Viktor and Humphrey (just spit-balling, I don't remember who has scenes), whichever character is checked first gets a scene. If different events are triggered in succession, it's conceivable, but it would be a load of very specific codes for just that event.
  3. There's little point in worrying about the tablet and the like, if you use the all characters code. I'm not sure who all it includes, but unless it allows you to add invalid characters to the party, it's fine. Use a hex editor on your save file instead of the code, if it bothers you. It's a lot easier.
  4. There's a code in the Unfinished New Game+ thread that lets you teleport to any map using an escape talisman. I'd just use that instead, rather than waiting for someone to make a walkthrough walls code.
  5. I don't think adding the Blinking Mirror early would be a problem. I don't think there are any key item (whatever they're called) codes, but you could try adding it with a regular item modifier, and the game might handle it automatically.
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

Me again, can I check with you the recruited but dead code, so I know when I use a all characters code at end Kiba won't show as recruited and alive and in his room (but with no text)

Also quick query, I used a code online that gave me max potch, it seems to be the one for after buying/selling the problem with that code is once its on its locked and money won't decrease which I want it to so I can sell items at trade post and so I can recruit Tai Ho and Shilo.

Another quick query, rather than get the golden hammer in inventory/storehouse do the "Tessai can sharpen to" codes work the same as if I went to a normal blacksmith, don't want to set the limit to 16 and find out the stats are somehow different than doing it legit.

Final query is about the storehouse codes, I can get the inventory ones to work but I prefer in storehouse EDIT I realise I had the codes wrong but still I can't get them to show in warehouse.

At this point the only thing I am really bothered about is the celadon urn as I want to recruit Lebrante early as possible, I have never had it drop from enemies in the NTSC version but years ago when I used to play the PAL UK version it dropped quite a few times, I think I saw a "always drop" code somewhere so if thats easier I will just do that, if so whats the code?

Thanks
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

1. I don't remember. You're one of about 5 people who's ever cared to make characters dead, and I never bothered much about the recruit statuses. Just try values on Flik or somebody until they show up dead. It's not that hard. It's probably 03 or 05.
  2. Turn off the code. If you want to be tricksy, you can use the actual max potch code 8006A4F8 423F/8006A4FA 000F, and delete the line with 423F at the end and change the value in the second line to 0001. Your potch will have a permanent floor of 65536, and you'll be able to increase it up to 131K-ish. If that doesn't work, turn off the codes.
  3. All weapons in this game have fixed stats at each level based on their type. You literally can't have any other value without deliberately hacking the stat tables in the game, and then you'll effect every weapon of the same type.
  4. I don't know what you're talking about. Post the codes you're trying to use, so we're not just guessing.
  5. There are drop codes linked in this thread. Try the search bar.
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

This is the code I use for celadon urn in storage 3006A97D+0006+3006A97E+0040 (I am using an emu)

As for the potch I tried disabling the code and it doesn't do anything its just locked at max potch, there is a way to decrease it though I notice as sometimes when I have another code on such the potch does go down but it goes back up should you visit a shop or trade point, basically anything where cash is involved. That code is 80072E9A+1045
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Probably going to be easier to just use a drop code. I vaguely remember hearing complaints that the storehouse codes don't work properly, but I never really looked at them. You'll also need the unidentified bit on in order to recruit Lebrante, I think, which is, I want to say, C0 in the quantity. I don't remember for certain, though, so it's probably easier to just let the game cough up the appropriate item.

For the other one, make regular saves and stop using save states. That code is overwriting the game's executable code. If you made a save state with it on, and carried on loading and making new states from there without fully resetting and loading a save, the cheat is stuck. The game will only load the original instruction from disc into memory on bootup or hard reset, and loading a save state is neither, and undoes both.

In general, if the cheat code's address starts with 6 (e.g., 3006A97E) or 2 in this game, it's probably overwriting game data, and you won't need a full reset to clear it. You can just turn the code off and the game should resume working normally. If it starts with 7 or pretty much anything else, it's probably overwriting executable code. The cheat will get baked into any save states you create, and the game may never overwrite it.

(I'm qualifying a lot of that because this game swaps executable modules quite a bit. It never swaps out the main executable, though, and that's what 99.9% of non-data codes will target.)
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

Ok im stressed as I seem to have broken something, came back from scouting South Window and as I entered castle the game loaded the script for after the final battle when you choose to leave, all the characters in the castle talk about the war being over, but strangley the game continues as normal i.e it takes me into a war battle, but even after that the game still thinks the war is over. I did the war battle and it loaded the scene telling me to go to Banner village but again everyone in castle acts like the war is over.

Im not sure what the flag is, Im more worried about the game crashing later also I can't use Leona so can't recruit,

Any way to sort this?

And oops sorry, I do use save states most of the time its just me being OCD and wanting less official saves as possible, in this case I also tried a actual save in case it fixed it and it didn't.

EDIT : I think I found the culprit but not how to fix it, I stupidly wanted to recruit someone and decided when the game was locked to a nighttime scene to do so by using the enable Leona always in tavern code, then walking through wall to get out of castle, this must of screwed up a flag somewhere, I loaded a earlier state which was after I did this and everyone in castle is at the same point in script, sadly I overwrote my states and save files from that point so looks like I have to start game again.
MasterGrand

Post by MasterGrand »

Tirriou wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:10 pm
EDIT : I think I found the culprit but not how to fix it, I stupidly wanted to recruit someone and decided when the game was locked to a nighttime scene to do so by using the enable Leona always in tavern code, then walking through wall to get out of castle, this must of screwed up a flag somewhere, I loaded a earlier state which was after I did this and everyone in castle is at the same point in script, sadly I overwrote my states and save files from that point so looks like I have to start game again.
Can you upload save ?

Tell me what is you need?, and I will try fix problem.
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

Well I started game again, and use frameskip to catch up to where I was,

I did keep the save file though as a curiosity if anyone wants to see how I screwed up, was funny when I went to castle and basically 2 different cutscenes played one after another.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Hi guys.

does anyone know if there is a code for unlocking the armor slots of a character like Pesmerga so that you can change their armor?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

As I recall, the locking is done based on a mask that's stored in the same file that defines rune unlocks and stat growth rates. Since it's not stored on the character, it would need to be active any time you want to change his armor. The thing is, why wouldn't you just poke the armor onto him?
Tirriou

Post by Tirriou »

Hi, I left the cooking contests to end game, in part as I wanted to get Gremios receipe but also so I could get my time down to do Clives quest legit (which ended up no problem due to the exp codes I used and speed reading text added with the run on world map code)

Problem now is I want to do the cooking contests one by one, and by now I am only up to Bashok, I found a code earlier in thread that was confusing but added it

8006af6b0002, this sucessfully activates the cookoff but it played Bashok again, I completed it and then enabled again and yet again Bashoks cook off occured, I then tried the code 8006af6f0020 to enable Ryuki and his intro was fine but as soon as the cook off started it reset back to the 1st cook off (His name sounds rude so won't type it)

Outside of just frame skipping to get to next cook off quicker, is there a way to do as I originally wanted and just set the flag to enable the next cook off in order?
knight85

Post by knight85 »

Pyriel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:00 pm As I recall, the locking is done based on a mask that's stored in the same file that defines rune unlocks and stat growth rates. Since it's not stored on the character, it would need to be active any time you want to change his armor. The thing is, why wouldn't you just poke the armor onto him?
yeah i can. but i wanted to see if i could unlock pesmerga's armor slots so that i could cheat him in at the start of the game in the starter save file i'm planning.

that way i could give him starter gear and then just upgrade his equipment as he goes and use him thruout the game.

it's kind of boring to recruit a character 2 dungeons before the end of the game.