[Guide] Army Battle Damage Formula

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: [Guide] Army Battle Damage Formula

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Celes wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:59 am The probability of a good result increases if the opponent has fewer units than you. This information is in one of the Old Books and also corresponds to my observations.

The old book says the opposite though? It's more effective if the enemy has more units than you.
"Betrayal is most effective when you are few and the enemy is many."
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

It does. But I consider it a (translation) error and have corrected the passage in the German localization. In my experience it's the other way around.
NeoVid

Post by NeoVid »

I made heavy use of the merchants in my playthroughs, and found them to be a comeback mechanic in case you're losing. I'm guessing that the reason the merchants don't work for most players here is because you know the game too well to end up in losing battles, so the merchants auto-fail from trying to go over your army's 'max HP.' The more of your troops you've lost, and the more you're outnumbered, the more likely the merchant ability is to go off. If anyone has a save from right before the unwinnable fight with Teo, you can test it, since merchants are the only way to 'damage' his army at all.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Celes wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:48 pm It does. But I consider it a (translation) error and have corrected the passage in the German localization. In my experience it's the other way around.

Okay, but the Japanese says the same thing so I'm not sure how that'd be a translation error.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Then it is not an error in the translation. But still wrong.