[Question] Coming up on the end of Suikoden, don't know if i can get the true ending?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
EpicGaia

[Question] Coming up on the end of Suikoden, don't know if i can get the true ending?

Post by EpicGaia »

So the only stars of destiny im missing are Clive, Leon, and Sonya, but I'm right at the point where we're leaving to Shasarazade and I can't talk to Mathiu to get the letter for Leon as it progresses the plot into the Shasarazade fight. Will I have a chance to talk to him at any point before the end of the game and get him (I don't know quite how close i am to the end right now, this is my first time playing).
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: [Question] Coming up on the end of Suikoden, don't know if i can get the true ending?

Post by wataru14 »

Unfortunately, yes, you missed it. The timeframe for getting the letter is very short. The earliest you can get it is immediately after leaving the castle on the Dragon Knights mission and the latest you can get it is before going to your room the night before the training drill (Moravia Castle). If you go to your room, Mathiu will not have any more "idle" time and will always talk about plot matters, making the letter unobtainable.

If you do have the letter you can get Leon up until approaching the front gate of Shasarazade. Once the scene at the gate starts, Leon cannot be recruited.
JuveLeo

Re: [Question] Coming up on the end of Suikoden, don't know if i can get the true ending?

Post by JuveLeo »

I have horrible memories messing this up. There's nothing worse than putting 15-20 hours in the game and then making an error, ruining your perfect ending. On the flip side, I didn't mind viewing the multiple endings in the game.