Suikoden 1 editor

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Suikoden 1 editor

Post by wataru14 »

Boosting Dragon Seal Incense up that much would make Water Runes obsolete. If you have the equivalent of a Rain of Kindness every round for free that would serve you as a primary healing source throughout the whole game. You're only really meant to use that item for a few missions. After Soniere there's really little need for it.
Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Pretty sure you only get one of them in vanilla and they're single-use. I'm a bit more generous with them towards the end of the (Hard Mode) game but I didn't realise how useless they were. Otherwise I'll just leave them in as a joke and possibly boost them to three charges.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

It is a unique item, but it is multi-use in Suikoden 1. I use it as a primary healing source as soon as I get it, especially in Pannu Yakuta against the Dragon boss. It definitely has "infinite" uses.
Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Very strange; it must lose those properties when gained as an item drop as it certainly wasn't infinite during the final dungeon when I tested it. I'll see what occurs when I increase its max quantity.
STARWIN

Post by STARWIN »

Jarlaxle wrote:Regarding the Water Rune, the level 3 and level 4 spells both heal everyone up to 300 HP; would it be possible to make the level 4 spell heal up to 500?
For this one you could try searching the ROM in hex editor for

Code: Select all

02 AF 85 03 0C D4 FE 05 24 55 81 04 0C 21 20 00 02 01 00 10 26 2A 10 F0 02 F0
and replacing the D4 with 0C. Then recalc.bat as usual.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Dragon Seal Incense in Suikoden 1 cannot be gained as a drop item normally, only from the "?" space on Lepant's Big Wheel. Did you edit the game to make it a drop item?
Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Yeah this is for Hard Mode; I've changed many things aside from just stronger enemies which will be described tomorrow upon release. I've never used the item before but when dropped by a certain enemy in the last dungeon I tried it for the first time despite dozens of vanilla playthroughs; definitely loses any infinite nature. I'll have to see if changing the max quantity kills any potential exploit otherwise I won't worry about it; and will discuss this bit of trivia if anyone asks why they get such a useless item at the end of the Hard Mode. >_>

@ Starwin: Cheers. I'll keep that in mind. Personally I never experienced the need but it's good to know in case others struggle towards the end of the game. There's still plenty of room if someone else wants to make a Super Hard version to match up with Suikoden II Hardcore.