[Guide] Getting Your Characters to Lv 99 Easily

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Getting your characters to Lv 99 easily

Post by Celes »

gradeAbra wrote:Ok i got it. Silver Hat is not available untill Gregminster in the end.
It is. Dropped by Queen Ant at Seek Valley (Bestiary)
gradeAbra wrote:I tried it out a dozen of times already. Lv96 always ended up with lower stats. Lv95 would gerentee better stats.
Pure luck. It is complete random, believe me. However, if you loaded your save right before testing this, the in-game variables are the same, and so will be the results every time.
gradeAbra wrote:I am wondering will your Lv hit back to lv1 after you level up again at Lv99?
Of course not.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Did you bother to lv all the powered lv character to lv99?
And i am curious how much Max HP does your McDohl has at lV99?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I made "perfect files" for S1, 2 and 4 so far, which includes all characters lv 99, as well as all items, at least one of each rune, 6 of all antiques and so on.

In terms of S1, I am still missing some characters of the "hard group" due to the time consuming level building, but at least all returning chars are maxed. McDohl has reached 880HP.

celes
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

I can see that you are a hardcore Suikoden player. Are you playing the PSP version or PS version?
How much total time did you put in altogether for your Suikoden 1 Save File(final save with most Lv99 character)?? Since you got 6 of every Antiques, i assume you must have put in ALOT ALOT of time hunting them.... My Suikoden final Save File clock 70+hours previously without using Lv up trick. And all i can get is only a lv80 for McDohl, Flik and Victor using the hard way to level up.

And also for Suikoden 2 some of the character can't do the power level trick like Genshu and afew more..
If you max out the returning character in Suikoden 1 some of the character like McDohl and Futch will join you in Suikoden 2 at around lv50++. There is no way you can do a power leveling once you exceed lv49 in Suikoden 2.

I am curious what did you name your castle in S1 and S2? If you don't mind can you post your Suikoden 1 Flik and McDohl stats without any equipment at lv99?

My McDohl only manage to hit 878HP at lv99. But 878 does NOT look good to me. So i reload and try to level up him afew more time to get 875(the number looks better IMO). I hate 3 or 2 silmilar HP digit stats...I am quite surprise that McDohl can hit 196 magic*(without Magic Stone) at lv99. This give him 9/9/7/5 MP which is better than most Mages. Letting him gain 9/9/9/9 magic seems not so suitable because he is not a real Mage to me.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I play the PS versons of all suiko games on the console, ntsc us.

This save file has currently around 150hrs in it, the in-game clock flips over after 100 hours.

You are right about the collision with a S1 perfect file, used for an attempt of S2 level building. For the S2 perfect file, I used a subsave of the original, made with lv60 chars at the end.

Actually, I did most of the level-building before the final major battle, so I have five free slots to use. The experience beyond lv 65 is aynwhere the same (10/battle w fortune), so it doesn't matter. And most of the antiques can be farmed out of the gregminster area as well as the majority of rare runes (rage, flowing, cyclone, phero, prosperity, ...) and some final armor (master garb, taikioku wear, gold necklace, star earrings, ...), so this saves a lot of time and serves the purpose for a perfect file with all items/runes effectual. Later, I switched to Gregminster for the rest (crimson capes, power rings, mother earth, thunder, windspun armors, some antiques).

I usually name my castles after final fantasy characters.

The stats of my final party (viktor, flik, rubi, camille, cleo) are boosted with rune pieces and predominantly not the ones you receive by lv 99 alone. Nevertheless, I may post these. I have to look into the file if you like them anyway. And I share your opinion, to refrain from training everyone omnipotent, including magic skills. It removes the individuality from the chars.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

What do you mean by"flips over after 100 hours"? Starting from 0 hour again?

And why do you need 6 of every Antiques for Suikoden 1? It is useless....But in order to get a Perfect Save, 1 actually wasted around 7 hours in the begining to collect the Celadon and Octopus Urn. For my new playthrough this time, i actually make an effort to save and reset everytime McDohl Lv up. This way i can get the Maximum stats at every Lv up. I am looking forward to see McDohl having 900+ Hp this time. He is my favourite.
Grade"A"Brassiere
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Antway i will post a picture of my McDohl's uber stats in afew days time.
Grade"A"Brassiere
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Celes do you need to take so long to post your Stats?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

HP / PWR / SKL / DEF / SPD / MGC / LUC

Hero 880 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / Soul Eater / Water rune piece x9
Flik 882 / 255 / 255 / 203 / 197 / 255 / 166 / Thunder rune / Thunder rune piece x1
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Hero 880 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 /....

Ha! what kind of stats is this?? There is no way to max out all the stats in this game beside MAG, LUK, DEF and SPD. And yet you have max for all...Did you use a Gameshark? Well i can't believe a Pro like you will use that. McDohl STR boost is not too great, unless you give him 2 Power Ring. His Skill growth is great but you will need to Mangosh to get it to max. Now the problem is you have only 2 Accessory slots, so there is no way to have STR and Skill at max.. unless you do the gameover/reload cheat...
Last edited by gradeAbra on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

gradeAbra wrote:Hero 880 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 / 255 /....

Ha! what kind of stats is this?? There is no way to max out all the stats in this game beside MAG, LUK, DEF and SPD. And yet you have max for all...Did you use a Gameshark? Well i can't believe a Pro like you will use that.
? You can max out Power and Skill, too. There are rune pieces for that.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Power and Skill Rune pieces are limited. You cannot hunt for them. Oh and by the way isit natural for Flik to have higher HP than McDohl? Because for my case Flik HP is lower than McDohl.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Is the "save, use stat stones, get beaten, 'Don't give up', use stat stones again"-glitch not in suikoden?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I used the stat stone trick for PWR and SKL (LUC as well, because it's a pain, to "hunt" for them).

McDohl and Flik have the same growth rate and starting value.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

CelesDestiny wrote:I used the stat stone trick for PWR and SKL (LUC as well, because it's a pain, to "hunt" for them).

McDohl and Flik have the same growth rate and starting value.

Celes...as a perfectionist you need to use even the hardest and tedious way to hunt for it. Using stats trick is consider cheating already. Up till now i did not use any tricks for my perfect saves. It is just not so natural anymore. I just don't feel perfect if i use that kind of trick. Maybe thats just me. Anyway for me i don't feel like maxing McDohl MAG(eventhough i can). He is just not a true Mage.
Grade"A"Brassiere