Loading PS4 Save to PS5?

Discussions for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising specifically
JuveLeo

Loading PS4 Save to PS5?

Post by JuveLeo »

When I backed EC Hundred Heroes, I requested the PS5 version and unfortunately for me I still don't own a PS5 yet, but want to play Rising. If I purchase the PS4 version of Rising, will I be able to load my save file onto a PS5 version of EC Hundred Heroes? Maybe via cloud save? Anyone know if that's possible?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Loading PS4 Save to PS5?

Post by Pyriel »

It's at least possible. Reading the product info in on the PS store website makes it sound like the PS5 playability is due to backwards compatibility, so you shouldn't run into issues due to them technically being different games. Issues can arise for a variety of reasons, but this does look pretty close to a best case scenario for being able to port saves easily.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Thanks for informing me. Do you know exactly what crosses over to Hundred Heroes?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I have no idea. Don't own the game.

I mostly replied at all because the game is so new, and your plan isn't one that a lot of people are likely to have tried yet. So a "probably" based on a bit of technical knowledge and product descriptions might still be useful.
Julian

Post by Julian »

It was stated multiple times you would be able to import PS4 into PS5, but not the other way around.

I haven't done this so no idea how (or if) it works in practice.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:49 am Thanks for informing me. Do you know exactly what crosses over to Hundred Heroes?
You can name your weapons and one item in Rising - these names carry over. Other than that, you only get a flat bonus for playing or completing the game, nothing else carries over.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Antimatzist wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:46 am
JuveLeo wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:49 am Thanks for informing me. Do you know exactly what crosses over to Hundred Heroes?
You can name your weapons and one item in Rising - these names carry over. Other than that, you only get a flat bonus for playing or completing the game, nothing else carries over.
I assumed alot more would cross over lol. Nice to know though. Thank you