Softlocked the game. Whoops...

Discussions for Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising specifically
KingSpilly

Softlocked the game. Whoops...

Post by KingSpilly »

After fighting the boss of the Snowpeak area, I discovered that the lightning pillar right after the fight lacks the invisible barrier that most obstacles in the game have. Being a compulsive sequence-breaker, I hopped over it. The game doesn't let you go any further without breaking the pillar, which I currently lack the lenses to do, nor was I able to jump high enough to get back over the pillar, effectively softlocking the game. Sequence breakers beware! I've already reported the bug, in case anyone was wondering. I just thought I should warn people about it. Good thing the game autosaves immediately after killing bosses, lol.
Last edited by KingSpilly on Sat May 14, 2022 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
JuveLeo

Re: Softlocked the game. Whoops...

Post by JuveLeo »

I'll definitely keep that in mind when I play it lol. Thanks for pointing that out.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I tried to jump over these kinds of barriers too, but didn't have any luck. I have used a combination of Garoo's high jump and CJ's extra jump, Isha's glide, but it's pretty awkward to pull off
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Some optional platforming sections later on will require you to chain them together like that.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

KingSpilly wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:27 pm Some optional platforming sections later on will require you to chain them together like that.
Yeah I feel it's required to get 1 treasure, and it's a shortcut for 2 or so other treasures.