Suikoden 2 Bug Fixes Thread Seems Broken

A place for members to ask moderators and admins any questions regarding forum rules and maybe even suggestions for the site!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Suikoden 2 Bug Fixes Thread Seems Broken

Post by Pyriel »

I haven't tried posting in any other threads in that forum because I don't want to muck them up, but every time I try to reply to the Bug Fixes thread in the S2 section, I get logged out and dumped back to a blank form. Then the whole process repeats. I was able to post in the Suikoden 1 forum. So it might be that section, or just that thread. Not sure.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden 2 Bug Fixes Thread Seems Broken

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Either it's just affecting you or it was temporary cause it seems to work for both Celes and I. Have you tried both Quick Reply and Full Editor modes?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Stuff like this seems to happen sporadically on only this site.

I tried both submission forms, manually logged out and back in, cleared all cookies from the site, and finally switched to a browser I'd never used this site on. None of it worked. The full editor worked this morning, but the quick reply still logs me out.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The forum is patched together from the remains of a botched update that broke it completely, it's a miracle of some very talented web techs that it works at all. But I tested your permissions and there was nothing preventing me from using the quick reply in that thread so it's difficult to know how to fix.

The old gray mare, she ain't what she used to be.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

If you do want to try it again, could you try opening the browser dev tools before you do Quick Reply, to see if there are any errors you could relay onto us?
And also try Quick Replying to some other thread in that section?

I personally tried QUick Replying to that thread and it worked fine. Something is affecting yours. My first guess might be that it would be related to how huge that thread is (700+ posts?). That's why I'm curious if it happens on another thread in that section.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

It works now, or at least it did for that one test. I still got logged out randomly when I came back to this thread, though. No errors that I saw.

The security suite I have to have on here for work really doesn't like that this site isn't HTTPS. That might be a factor somehow. I've tried adding an exception for it, and it doesn't stop the issue, just suppresses the warnings. I still don't get why it would be so random, if that's the case, though. Is there still a lot of cross-siteish stuff going on between this site and toasthost or whatever the hosting is called?
Takehaniyasubiko

Post by Takehaniyasubiko »

I keep getting the random log off bug as well.