PSX Emulator questions and topics

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
RevKoden

Re: PSX Emulator questions and topics

Post by RevKoden »

I want to play suikoden IV and V on PCSX2, what requirement should i use so that it will run at the very least 55 fps?
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

I saw some guy playing Suikoden III on his vita not sure if it was the full game it looked bad though.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Most of the time my pcsx2 runs at 55-60 fps but there exist some occasions as passing through brass castle or fighting versus some fire engulfed monsters usually lower the speed down to 20-30 fps. My compt is just an old average core 2 duo...forgot the rest. So i guess you should be able to play it just fine with very little upgrades.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Does anyone know of a better sound plugin for Suikoden 1? I finally got my ISOs made from my game discs and fired up the emulator. If I use the Andy's SPU 0.16 plugin, the background music doesn't play and some of the button sounds don't work, but if I use the default plugin from epsxe ver. 1.8 the background music skips a lot and causes slowdown. Anyone found anything better? The Suikoden 2 settings all seem to work.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

The default epsxe core 1.8 works just fine for me, no slowdown at all. The only problem is about the echo sometimes keep repeating after animation.
ericm

Post by ericm »

Rooks:
used your settings and they're decent for me, but the characters are weird looking and the faces are blurred. I've gone through many, many options trying to make it look optimal.
itoumakoto

Post by itoumakoto »

Are the first page instructions still legit? Or were there any revisions to the steps? I just can't.. find it reasonable to pay 200-600 bucks for suikoden II...
Relisus

Post by Relisus »

Hey i managed to play and beat Suikoden 1 on epsxe with no problems and was having no issues with Suikoden 2 until i hit the Sindar Ruins. Once i drain the water and go down into the canal and get in a random battle the whole game slows down and the battle commands never show up. I'm running off my disk but i tried another disk and it does the same thing. I tried the video plug ins in fast and nice settings both. Anyone else have this issue or know of a fix?
You ever wanna talk Suikoden feel free to IM anytime.
LuizPedro

Post by LuizPedro »

Hello, Relisus. I played both 3 times each on epsxe and never saw anything like that. But when played Final Fantasy 9 I had a lot of problems, one of them resembling this, that I solved just using a older version of epsxe. (Yes, older). If I remember well, 1.6 gave problems to me, so I changed to 1.5.2. Same thing with Alundra 1. Try that, at least to pass the Sindar Ruins. Which version are you using? It's Windows?

But... it really looks like a media problem. You made a copy of the disco? Can't you make a iso with the disc and then use the iso? Just another suggestion!

Tell me if it works!
evilblizt

Post by evilblizt »

Hello everyone. Recently I have been playing Suikoden 2 again in epsxe 1.8. However, the game stopped and became error when I was trying to defeat Rowd early in the game. It was smooth on the beginning and I thought something went wrong whenever Rowd was going to use the Water Rune to heal himself (I'm not sure of it, I have hurt him for quite a lot of dmg). I didn't use the matilda glitch, fought him at the level of 14. I've tried to use another video plugin but it still don't settle the problem. The error code is SPEC Opcode 05 UNK (PC 00000000)(00000000)(567018,34). Can anyone tell me what is the problem??

Thanks
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Is this the European version? Then don't fight Rowd, it's bugged for some reason if you take too long.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Not European version, I also experience the same thing when I tried to beat Rowd on emulator
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
evilblizt

Post by evilblizt »

I passed there already. Maybe taking too long time on that battle really make the game crush. Anyway thanks =).
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

It's a common bug in (at least) the German version. He uses the water rune, some sound issues emerge and then either the game crashes or you start to deal tons of damage to him. It's not an emulation issue, though, happens on disc as well.
ijay

Post by ijay »

Hi i dunno if this Forum still active or not.. but im using PSX v1.13 and the cinematic for Suikoden 2 is crashing? any way to prevent it? i want to finish my childhood game :) thanks in advance to those who will share and help