Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

Post by Antimatzist »

JuveLeo wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:33 am Why is there no releases for next gen consoles?
Backwards compability.

I hope they'll rework the menus and interface. Change the font to a sans serif with bold face to make it really legible. That alone should make it much better. Everything else is I guess still a wip and will get changed in final quality testing I hope.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sure looks like it's running the same code with new graphics... surely they'll fix the bugs and other stuff? Wish we could have seen a bit more gameplay from Suikoden I. I hope they updated the rune slots to three or at the very least got rid of the Holy Rune.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Would love to see something new if they are just digging up the old games, like remaking all the games in 2D with a full skill and rune system in the realm of Suikoden 3, V, and Tactics.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:53 am Sure looks like it's running the same code with new graphics... surely they'll fix the bugs and other stuff? Wish we could have seen a bit more gameplay from Suikoden I. I hope they updated the rune slots to three or at the very least got rid of the Holy Rune.
I am betting the broken spells will stay broken!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KFCrispy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:31 am I am betting the broken spells will stay broken!

Hey, at least they actually use the running sprite for McDohl this time.

That's something.
TeridKane

Post by TeridKane »

Am I the only one who greatly dislikes the pixelated-sprites-on-top-of-high-quality-BGs look? It clashes sooo badly, it looks hideous (the exaggerated bloom over everything makes it 10 times worse).

There was really no need to change the graphics at all, just make it widescreen and remake the interface/character portraits in high-res. Geez.

I'll still buy and play it, of course, because I want the other Suikoden games on PC as well.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Konami are obviously piggy backing off Eiyuden's recent success and attention. They're only doing this for the $$$, but I'm still happy more gamers will get an opportunity to play two great Suikoden titles. Hopefully this leads to something bigger in the future (Suikoden VI.. long shot I know)
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

Hopefully, they fix the glitches, translation errors, and unfinished graphics that are visible in widescreen. I'm also wondering if the remasters will still have the save transfer mechanic.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Konami Devs Would Like to 'Keep Making More Suikoden Games in the Future' - TGS 2022

https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-int ... d-remaster

If Suikoden VI is ever a possibility, they need Murayama and the rest of Rabbit and Bear Studios to accomplish this. It needs to be done right.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

RE: The Complaints about lots of things

Yes, I actually totally agree that the sound effect changes rub me the wrong way, and perhaps the Pixelated Sprites on faux-2D backgrounds will look awkward.

But think about how awful the PC port of Chrono Trigger was at first, yet, it managed to draw in an entirely new generation of fans for the game. OK, Chrono Trigger on PC is still kinda bad, even after like four major patches. But, people are enthralled by the characters, music and storytelling, still.

And I think we can do the same with Suikoden, my friends. I think we need to do the same with Suikoden. Now, more than ever.
Julian

Post by Julian »

There's always modders, and the old titles aren't going anywhere.
KakCAT2

Post by KakCAT2 »

I agree that backgrounds clash a little bit with characters, but to me, one of the greatnesss of S1 and S2 are the characters pixel art. They've aged incredibly well, and it's probably one of the best pixel art ever. The backgrounds, however, were clearly worse (mostly because of PS1 limitations). You can't make an HD facelift without improving graphics, and despite the clash, I'm incredibly happy they've left the characters as the original game. (I wouldn't have liked it so much if they had moved the characters to an Eiyuden style).
Pistol9144

Post by Pistol9144 »

It's back! Pumped. Forgot my old login here tho haha.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So supposedly the demo build used for the trailers and IGN's Neclord battle video has leaked online. Seen some screenshots posted of the German version and a main menu that looks really... placeholdery.

But the good news for those that don't like the new backgrounds is that it apparently has an original sprites mode.

Suggests we're not getting much in the terms of new content though unless they're also going to redraw anything new in the old style, and might have the same issues with widescreen that the PSP version had.

And there's some sort of Gallery mode, which the PSP version also had.
JiN88

Post by JiN88 »

Hopefully the remastered version has new contents like the Saturn version, otherwise it looks like something made from RPG maker. Same goes to S2. The original PS version just has a different incomparable charm to them.

Just let me pet the damn cat in S1.