Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The Remasters have been rated by the ESRB, unsurprisingly they retain their original ratings but the summaries include some examples of the "suggestive" parts of the new script.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38870/suik ... -rune-war/
https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38865/suik ... ation-war/

The S1 examples are easy to identify, it's the Flik/Kimberly scene and a maid NPC in Gregminster.
For S2, the first might be Nina berating the Highland soldier, the second is an NPC in Rockaxe during Clive's quest, the last is probably an NPC in the stage area of the castle. S2 seems to have made larger changes to the originals, making it harder to identify.

Interesting that they've given them seperate ratings though, compare to Advace Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp, the ESRB rated that as one title so maybe they'll be offering them seperately as well?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KingSpilly

Post by KingSpilly »

I wonder if they'll be more overt with why Luca hates Muse in the remaster.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:16 am The Remasters have been rated by the ESRB, unsurprisingly they retain their original ratings but the summaries include some examples of the "suggestive" parts of the new script.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38870/suik ... -rune-war/
https://www.esrb.org/ratings/38865/suik ... ation-war/

The S1 examples are easy to identify, it's the Flik/Kimberly scene and a maid NPC in Gregminster.
For S2, the first might be Nina berating the Highland soldier, the second is an NPC in Rockaxe during Clive's quest, the last is probably an NPC in the stage area of the castle. S2 seems to have made larger changes to the originals, making it harder to identify.

Interesting that they've given them seperate ratings though, compare to Advace Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp, the ESRB rated that as one title so maybe they'll be offering them seperately as well?
Oh good, so we are actually going to get a uncensored script?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

What do you mean by uncensored? The ESRB ratings are the same so I wouldn't expect anything hugely different from the originals in that respect.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Don't know how picky the ESRB are about it, but they do have a "alchohol references" tag that is absent from the rating and S1 has a few of those in Japanese that the localization turned into tea originally.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

So, most of the Western ratings boards have changed certain criteria in the interim between the original release and now. Alcohol References are now, well, referenced by the board. As are Tobacco References, as are other 18-21 substances, depending on the local laws. This is true with PEGI and The Australian Classification Ratings Board as well, the latter being rather notoriously conservative on these subjects. It then, leads to the fact that the games had to be re-cllassified, and a small possibility that those ratings could change. But, well, they didn't, to the surprise of no one. The Alcohol Reference is particularly vague though, as the Wine Trading aspects of the game could trigger that alone, without any characters drinking a drop, as it tends to be enforced with enthusiasm by these boards, to put it as kindly as possible lol.

But yeah, "Tea" was quite commonly used as a euphemism for Sake, Wine, Ale, and other forms of alcohol in games, even in the PS1 era. See Star Ocean: Second Story, and many others. My favorite being Chrono Trigger, where you pour "Soda Pop" over Toma's grave. And bartenders admonish their customers for drinking too much "sugar." Ha! classic.
Paulito

Post by Paulito »

Hi everyone,

For information, Suikoden is available for pre-order in a belgian shop in physical version. But the most interesting thing is that they put a date : march 9, 2023. Possible leak.

https://www.fr.fnac.be/a17586082/SUIKOD ... ndo-Switch

Sorry for my english. I just came by to warn y'all.

See you !
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Interesting stuff if that release date is true. I thought they were projecting a summer release.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Strange that they're anticipating a PEGI 12 rating when the originals were 7, but if they have included alcohol and curses in the reworked localization that could have pushed them up.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Several sites and Twitter posts are all talking about a March release. Seems it may be true after all. I'm pretty excited!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

All of those sites and posts are sourced from the same French store listing, so I would still take it with a grain of salt. But definitely there is a lot of anticipation.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No German retailer has the game for pre-order yet, so I'm not sure about a March release. For comparison: The TMNT Cowabunga edition was available for pre-order months before release. That one was published by Konami directly, so if they changed the publisher, this might be no useful info at all. Still, I think that for a game which supposedly releases in two months physically, I would expect a bit more info right now.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The French store changed its March release date now to a generic placeholder of December 31.
srd_27

Post by srd_27 »

Antimatzist wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:42 am The French store changed its March release date now to a generic placeholder of December 31.
they still said 9 March here?
https://www.fr.fnac.be/a17586081/SUIKOD ... yStation-4
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

srd_27 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:11 am
Antimatzist wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:42 am The French store changed its March release date now to a generic placeholder of December 31.
they still said 9 March here?
https://www.fr.fnac.be/a17586081/SUIKOD ... yStation-4
They at least changed it for the Switch version.
https://www.fr.fnac.be/a17586082/SUIKOD ... earchpos=1