Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
ENDmyinitials

Re: Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

Post by ENDmyinitials »

suiken wrote:Holy @^!^#^!)! It looks awesome already.

The OST could have use a better loop though.

Who's in charge in the storyboard? Just played SIV again recently and I found out this game is lacking romance. No, not those cheesy love story you watch in television. I talking about family relationship. The En Kuldes family needs more dynamics with Lazlo.
Thanks :) The song hasn't been looped yet, I just wanted to show you guys what we did so far. Paladin is in charge of the looping.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Thanks :) The song hasn't been looped yet, I just wanted to show you guys what we did so far. Paladin is in charge of the looping.
I should be able to do that sometime later today since I'll be busy during the day.

I'll try to get on Skype somewhere between 7:30-8:30pm my time so I can get Razril's song. By the way, great work on Razril; keep it up!
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Thank you all, but this is a team effort. Everyone involved in this project is important. Here's a weekly sprite update (I will try to finish a full character walking sheet every week by sunday , or earlier). Our first NPC!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've had a go at creating the interior for the Rune shop. Let me know what you think.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

sticky-runes wrote:I've had a go at creating the interior for the Rune shop. Let me know what you think.
Looks great! I'm going to need the exit to be a layer, so I can make it overhead.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

sticky-runes wrote:I've had a go at creating the interior for the Rune shop. Let me know what you think.
I like how that Rune shop looks spiffed up, Sticky. Also, I'm loving that new avatar of yours.

I've been tinkering with Audacity, so how's this for the HQ theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knsBxSmLuvA

You could use this track for battles against the Kooluk Army: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOQw5WKCcM

I know this might be a little bit too soon to post, but I thought about contributing in some way.
A raw tomato for the win!
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Roshambeaux wrote:
I like how that Rune shop looks spiffed up, Sticky. Also, I'm loving that new avatar of yours.

I've been tinkering with Audacity, so how's this for the HQ theme? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knsBxSmLuvA

You could use this track for battles against the Kooluk Army: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOQw5WKCcM

I know this might be a little bit too soon to post, but I thought about contributing in some way.
Thanks for the great themes Rosham. Are these original in a way? I actually wanted a theme when fighting kooluk. I don't mind working on the full sound track for the demake, eventually we will need to do this, so thats fine if you want to help out with picking out songs so we can have a complete OST that will be used throughout the game.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

Those songs were from previously released Suikoden albums, but I removed the meta-data and enhanced the audio a bit when I created new mp3 files for the songs.
A raw tomato for the win!
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Roshambeaux wrote:Those songs were from previously released Suikoden albums, but I removed the meta-data and enhanced the audio a bit when I created new mp3 files for the songs.
So in a way it's original :)
suiken

Post by suiken »

sticky-runes wrote:Bruce and I are working on the story, we appreciate any suggestions and feedback. We'll definitely be building on all the relationships that have been established in the game. I certainly don't intend to add any soppy teen romance dramas and would rather leave that stuff to the audience's imagination, but adding more family drama is all good.
I'm also against cheesy romance that looked force. I don't mind having a few ones though like Hix-Tengaar or Belcoot-Marina types. We don't have those type of couples in IV either. The closest thing I can think are Akaghi-Mizuki and Mitsuba-Reinhold, which aren't really romantic partners.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Again, there won't be any fanservice or universe extension in the re-scripting of the game. What we add in the scenario is not dialogues but playable action. If this imply more bonding between characters then so be it, but it is not the first goal.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Suikoden 4 is more about father relationships. Lino and Flare and Lazlo. Snowe and Vincent. Reinbach 2 and 3. Axel and his dad. Dario and Nalleo. Glen and his knights. Rakgi's lost father. Colton and Helmut (and Troy). I think it's more important we focus on those relationships, and the challenges and struggles these youngsters are facing in a time of war - there's romance in that. No need to invent teenage sappy love dramas.
BrucePrintscreen

It's very simple: let's make the player experience action anytime these relationships are illustrated, especially if the original game mentioned them in passing. Example: Lino & Flare's reunion can be an actual gameplay event, with the need to fight to reunite them. Remember, this is a videogame. And videogames can be used as a medium to tell a story (thanks Murayama and Ron Gilbert!) but you have to tell this story using the medium. It's not a movie, it's a playable thing. The story is told through gameplay. So any kind of emotional link between characters is fostered through gameplay.

Honestly, I was moved when Nanami died, not only because of the dialogues she had, but because we saved each other's ass in front of so many dangers. Valeria is awesome not only because of her statements in favour of elves, but because I was there when she actually put these statements in action through so many uses of her falcon rune. The best thing about killing Luca Blight is not what he says when he dies, but the fact that you actually get to kick his ass. Your relationship to Teo is heartbraking because you actually press the button that will trigger a Special Attack on the face of your father. So you will learn to love all of S4's characters by playing with them.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Aaaaand i just realized how sexist my last comment looks. :shock:
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:Aaaaand i just realized how sexist my last comment looks. :shock:
We all knew already that you hate women and wish they were all strippers from Duke Nukem 3D.