Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
BrucePrintscreen

Re: Suikoden IV Reboot-Demake

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Fair enough then.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Sticky would you say Razril port is completed?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm ready to start on new map if you're done on your end.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Well if you want you can do the inside of the rune, item, and armor shop. I'll focus on the npcs. I haven't really done much since making mizuki. If hermit doesn't update Glen I'll take a look at him.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

There's a Youtuber who made original 2D sprites of the Silverbergs, maybe you could ask him for his help. Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhV4iJgsoU0

The only problem is that he's hasn't been active recently.
A raw tomato for the win!
CrabbyHermit

Post by CrabbyHermit »

sticky-runes wrote:I've just had a closer look at Glen's sprite, and he looks shorter then Katarina because of her bun. Would it be possible to make Glen slightly taller and broader? I'd like him to look imposing because he's the man in charge of all the knights at the beginning, so if his presence made more of an impact during his relatively short time with us, it would be awesome.
I don't agree that he looks 'shorter' than Katarina, while her sprite did have more height in pixels, their faces were at very different levels. But despite that, I did mess with Glenn's hair a bit, and gave him an extra pixel in the legs as well, making their sprites equal heights.
I could make him broader as well if that's really what's wanted.

Does someone want to make a height chart? haha.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I have my own height :p yeah they're the same height, maybe Kat should be a pixel taller, or the same height as lucia? Usually when I sprite them I Google their height. I don't think Kat and Glen were the same height.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Here's our hard work in action, good job guys, keep it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuznoZE ... e=youtu.be
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Oh wow, just needs some ocean sound FX or the Razril theme!

I'm thinking I might have to change the position of the shadows, because in S2 all the shadows are going from left to right, and in my map I've done them right to left... I'll let you guys decide if there should be any changes.

After looking at some screenshots of the original game, I realize Kat isn't supposed to be much shorter than Glen and her bun makes her look taller, I just think for dramatic reasons it would look better if Glen was just a pixel or two taller, or at least broader.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Looks really cool already! Some of the items (like the boxes and barrels) don't look too good, though, they look too flat.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Kat is shorter than Glen, it's her bun, but the eye level is shorter. I think her did a good job, but I guess Glen could be a bit bigger in a way. I think if we added shadowing on the boxes and barrels ir wouldn't look so flat.
CrabbyHermit

Post by CrabbyHermit »

It's starting to come together quite nicely.
Did I never send you Tal's walking sprites, END?
I'll start work on some knights and trainees to help populate the town, soon~

An updated Glen. Bigger, Broader, Badder.Image
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Yea! Its looking great :) I actually like this Glen better, great job hermit! And no, I never received Tal. log on skype when u get the chance.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Holy @^!^#^!)! It looks awesome already.

The OST could have use a better loop though.

Who's in charge in the storyboard? Just played SIV again recently and I found out this game is lacking romance. No, not those cheesy love story you watch in television. I talking about family relationship. The En Kuldes family needs more dynamics with Lazlo.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Bruce and I are working on the story, we appreciate any suggestions and feedback. We'll definitely be building on all the relationships that have been established in the game. I certainly don't intend to add any soppy teen romance dramas and would rather leave that stuff to the audience's imagination, but adding more family drama is all good.