So, my wife is playing Suikoden...

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: So, my wife is playing Suikoden...

Post by sticky-runes »

Jocky wrote:
You might wanna get some cream for that sticky! I hear floaty red bollocks can cause random uncontrollable erections................. :P
there's no such thing as random erections, Jocky. Not in your case, anyway, so stop trying to make excuses for that night.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

So, now she just beat Neclord, here are her last thoughts:

-she is definitely fond of Viktor. His interactions with the Star Dragon Sword finished to conquer her heart. When he left after defeating neclord, she started being afraid that he would not come back or die. Since Gremio died, she has been constantly afraid Viktor would go too.

-she feels a bond with characters who has been there since the earlier stages, refusing to try out the new ones because they are just newcomers "good enough to fill the castle", whereas she feels she has to be faithful to the old ones. She is completely aware it is irrational but "that's the way I have fun".

-she had zero mercy for Teo McDohl, claiming she didn't have the time to bond with him in the early stages of the game.

-I remember the first time i played the game I found it very difficult to kill Neclord, so she impressed me by kicking the vampire's ass in a single try, with no big difficulties...

-she constantly losts her way in the castle, can't even remember which floor is the one with the blacksmith and which has the inn...
darkknightkv

Post by darkknightkv »

What is her current group makeup at this point? Cleo, Victor, Flik, Pahn, luc, and the main char?

But it is true, you kinda build a bond with people.
BrucePrintscreen

darkknightkv wrote:What is her current group makeup at this point? Cleo, Victor, Flik, Pahn, luc, and the main char?

But it is true, you kinda build a bond with people.
No as I say she almost holds a grudge against Pahn, she's playing with Tir, Viktor, Flik, Kai, Sarah, and Kasumi - when she doesn't have to use a character because of the scenario, that is.

THe bond you create with people in Suikoden is the best thing about it, it's what makes it more akin to reading an epic novel or watching an epic movie than to playing a videogame. While she's discovering S1, I'm delighting myself with S2 and I am remembered how I found more depth in many of its characters than in a lot of movies & books (oh my oh my, Rina & Eilie :oops: )
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:
-I remember the first time i played the game I found it very difficult to kill Neclord, so she impressed me by kicking the vampire's ass in a single try, with no big difficulties...

I just wonder why people keep saying Neclord's battle was hard. It was a very easy battle...just use a Flowing Rune to heal from Neclord's attacks :wink:

Btw,don't dare to make any spoilers to her,if Viktor will end up alive or not.... 8) 8) 8)

Did she recruited everyone up to this point? :roll: I guess she'll change her mind and use newcomers,because at this point you'll get some ultra-cool characters like Pesmerga,Clive or Crowley :)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Neclord raped me repeatedly on my first play.
It's easy to struggle with Neclord, if you haven't been grinding properly and waste a bunch of runes on him before Viktor SDS's him.

It also took me years to find out that you could use the coffins to rest the party on your way up the castle (I thought they were just a bit of scenery), and I used to actually turf out the entire castle first and collect all treasures, then leave, rest and save at the HQ, then come back to fight Neclord, with a sh!tload of sacrificial buddhas in everybody's inventory.
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:Neclord raped me repeatedly on my first play.
It's easy to struggle with Neclord, if you haven't been grinding properly and waste a bunch of runes on him before Viktor SDS's him.
I think Neclord is not so hard but his dungeon is, it's remarkably long and the ennemis are quite hard... unless you use the over-powerful Tir-Kai unite, that is. And this is what she did, so she went through Neclord's castle without any problems, perhaps not even taking any damage. So when she reached Neclord himself, he was easy, she had all her healing material and all her runes.
Sasarai10 wrote: Did she recruited everyone up to this point? :roll: I guess she'll change her mind and use newcomers,because at this point you'll get some ultra-cool characters like Pesmerga,Clive or Crowley :)

she didn't switch for Pesmerga and Clive: she shares my opinion that dark, edgy, badass characters with an attitude are far from being the most interesting ones. Seriously, I never understood the general fascination for the pesmerga/yuber storyline (or lack thereof), they are two characters amongst the least interesting of all for me.

Okay so she is now in front of the gates of Gregminster :p And sadly, she could only recruit 107 characters, because I forgot to urge her to recruit Leon before the battle of Sasharazade... So she recruited him but only after Leknaat's last visit, and she didn't get to ressurect Gremio... However, I told her that's what is supposed to happen if you get them all, and she said... she guessed it would be the case!

she didn't really like Neclord because she thought a vampire was not really at his place in the universe of this game. However, she admitted it may be because vampires are nowhere as cool now as they were in the mid-90s before a certain shitty novel spoiled them for everyone... however she was impressed with his music
BrucePrintscreen

-she calls Kasumi "astro boy", because she says she looks like him.

-she thinks when Tir uses a rune, it looks like he's giving the finger to ennemies.

-she just entered Gregminster. I keep my laptop to help her with the final boss. She was left breathless by the creepy ambient in Gregminster, it worked very well on her. This is starting well!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pesmerga can go f#ck himself. What's the point? He shows up in both games (near the end, so you've conquered most dungeons and killed most bosses without his help) claiming to want to face Yuber, you recruit him and give him the opportunity, and.... nothing happens.

VS characters like Viktor, who actually does take down his arch enemy Neclord, Hix, who stands up to rivals that want to take Tengaar, even though he thinks he can't defeat them, and Futch who risks a lot to save his comrades' dragons, loses his dragon, and achieves his quest to find a new one and rejoin the dragon knights.What does Pesmerga achieve? F.A.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Pesmerga can go f#ck himself. What's the point? He shows up in both games (near the end, so you've conquered most dungeons and killed most bosses without his help) claiming to want to face Yuber, you recruit him and give him the opportunity, and.... nothing happens.

VS characters like Viktor, who actually does take down his arch enemy Neclord, Hix, who stands up to rivals that want to take Tengaar, even though he thinks he can't defeat them, and Futch who risks a lot to save his comrades' dragons, loses his dragon, and achieves his quest to find a new one and rejoin the dragon knights.What does Pesmerga achieve? F.A.

Personally i find it real cool to have someone dressed like Pesmerga in my party :mrgreen:

Probably we could see some events with Pesmerga facing Yuber,but they must have given up that idea.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Pesmerga is selected, because he has presence. He looks the part. He doesn't need to say much.

If you want personality, use Futch, Sonya, or Kirkis instead.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pesmerga is basically the Boba Fett of Suikoden. He does F.A. but we're supposed to like him because he's got a cool helmet and we don't know much about him :roll:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Pesmerga is basically the Boba Fett of Suikoden. He does F.A. but we're supposed to like him because he's got a cool helmet and we don't know much about him :roll:

Guess you belong to the minority :lol:

Many people get excited by the idea of using characters who wear unique clothes or armor such as Crowley or Pesmerga,rather than someone who wears some ordinary armor :mrgreen:
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:Many people get excited by the idea of using characters who wear unique clothes or armor such as Crowley or Pesmerga,rather than someone who wears some ordinary armor :mrgreen:
I would prefer a character who isn't slow as molasses in winter and can actually hit something once in a while. Who cares if his PWR is through the roof if all he ever does is miss? And then get counterattacked! Good thing he has all that HP.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

I don't think Pesmerga is useless, but I never use him. Not my character type. I'm not those guy who use a character base on his/her/its effectiveness (rune slots, skills, speed etc). I use a character because I like him/her/it. No more no less. I still will use the character even if it means my play through become harder because of it.

@OP, enjoying this thread.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.