Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Gunloc

Re: Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

Post by Gunloc »

Wow, what a great interview.

Great job Raww, thanks.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

The Real History of Suikoden.

Raww sure made great efforts for the translation. Thanks! And Vextor too, for informing who the heck Murayama is. :lol:
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Since Konami knows he makes such quality games and is willing to come back if asked why don't they ask him. For all football fans, its like the Vikings know Brett Favre is a great QB and hes willing to come play, so they asked him and he did. Maybe Murayama doesn't have any bad blood with Konami and Konami has bad blood with him, just a thought.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I like how honest and straightforward Murayama is in the interview, as opposed to the roundabout, vague answers suikosource and suikox received for those questions about Tierkreis.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Too bad that the one answering those 20 questions were PR people, unlike the crew who are directly involved with the production of the actual games.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

So the truth is out about Murayamas exit from the team, good job Raww. At least we know that the Sasarai POV was just a baseless rumor, nothing more, nothing less.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I dont know, this "I left because I wanted to" is kind of suspcious. It seems to me he is being more political than sincere. if he did something regretful, he would never admit and if asked he would lie.

I dont have any crystal ball, but it seems he wants to stay on good terms with Konami (by saying it is all his fault) rather than tell the truth. If that's what happened, than I dont see any reason for not saying this right after he left. It is just speculation, but I wont be so rash to take any interview as absolute truth.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

*facepalm*
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

What's about the Sasarai rumor?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Yes and the Apollo landing actualluy didn't happen and Michael Jackson is actually still alive!
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Come on people, it is not absurd.
Which one of us has never heard a friend, upon being fired saying: "I was not fired, I quit."? It is very common and nothing suprising. Stop being naive, you wont go far in life if you believe everything you're told.

And I didnt say he was lying, I said he might be lying. Do you worship the guy so much that is a crime to doubt his words a litlle? Instead of being awfully ironic, why dont you let each one read the translation and come with their own conclusion? Even if you worship the guy, you might as well try to read a litlle depper.
Runemaster wrote:What's about the Sasarai rumor?
I was not around the forums during these times, but I think I know what they are talking about. You know you can play with Luc in his chaptes in Suikoden III, right? There was some rumors saying that there were Sarasai chapters to play too, but it was cut out of the game, some said it was because Murayama and Konami's plans were different.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

*facepalm*^n
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Latest issue of Swedish gaming magazine Level (41) contains an 8-page interview with the man himself.

When asked about the rumors of Konami intereference with story and gameplay of Suikoden III he responds:
None of that is true, he assures. Konami always wanted me to stay. After the success of Suikoden II they listened to me and I could practically ask for anything. To erase me from the credits was simply an issue about following the rules, even if all employees disliked it.
But, even as I started at Konami I set up a goal for myself to not work there for longer than 10 years and then I wanted to go freelance. When that time was up in 2002 I had done three games and I simply wanted to move on. There is no bad blood, I still meet my old Suikoden-team for a beer from time to time.
And if Konami would give me an offer to come back I would seriously consider it.
There it is. Black and white. The Sasarai POV stupidity is officially dead in the water.
That is where the supposed Sasarai POV was mentioned at the beginning of this topic. Its obvious from this interview that there was never one in development, if there was, it would had been in the game.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:*facepalm*^n
You've been here long enough to know not to make pointless posts Raww, grow up.

That being said, thanks for the translation.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

Wow that was a really informative interview.

I wonder if he'll ever come back to Konami for real? That would be awesome.