Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
LanceHeart

Re: Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

Post by LanceHeart »

That's a very interesting read.

I wonder if Konami actually caught wind of his interest in realigning himself with them for a while. With the Genso Suikoden trademark in USA and that "unreleased RPG project with an unnamed company" on Murayama's resumé, I'll just hope for the best.

Now if only Yasumi Matsuno would go back and teach Square Enix how to tell a decent Ivalice story...
Formerly known as: Gothann
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Latest issue of Swedish gaming magazine Level (41) contains an 8-page interview with the man himself.
what is the month/date of this magazine ?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Take a wild guess. If it's the latest issue and I posted at the end of august it's probably not gonna be the december issue.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

you know what, in this thread (http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4165) Vextor says there was a shell for a Thomas Chapter 3. do you really think Murayama really got EVERYTHING he wanted completed? while you sometimes see unused data like runes or equipment in other games, i would think something like a Chapter 3 for Thomas would have been planned in the design during an earlier planning/storyboard phase.
Vextor wrote:One fact that has been discovered is that Konami did intend for a chapter 3 for Thomas. "Thomas Chapter 3" exists as a template data within Suikoden 3's DVD. However, it seems like Konami simply scrapped the idea.
we also can't deny the fact that the game does feel rushed towards the end, compared to the serious attention to detail and story development early on.

i'm also not accusing Murayama to be lying, but people do indeed pepper up their responses for PR/political reasons. do you think he would really badmouth Konami and say they screwed up what Suikoden III could have been if that's what really happened? you certainly would not want to burn bridges unless you really really hate them and are fully intent on never working with them again.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I fail to see the point.

I doubt anyone in history has ever gotten everything they wanted ever.

Things get cut. It happens, either because the original idea didn't work out or because you run out of time. In Suikoden III's case, they ran out of time. More than once.

Suikoden II has code left over from when you were supposed to recruit L.C.Chan in Matilda. What can we infer from this? That at some point you were supposed to recruit L.C.Chan in Matilda. It's quite a leap from there to Konami bitchslapping Murayama.

Thomas has a chapter 3 shell? That means at some point they intended for him to have 3 chapters but then they condensed it into 2. That's all you can take away from that, nothing else. No Sasarai, no Konami bitchslapping, no nothing.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's not uncommon for games to have unused codes left hidden away in the final releases.

Would have been fun if we found a Sasarai Chapter X shell hidden in there, though.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Looks like this thread (And this site) hit the map yet again.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/3629/new- ... nt-at-tgs/

So who frequents this site and works at PS3center?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Heh, "comming soon". Konami needs to fix that some time.

And, damn, that URL brought my hope up only to bring me down once I noticed the question mark at the end of it on the actual article. Journalists and their attention-grabbing headlines, sigh.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

Folks at 2ch.net have already cracked the "coming soon" titles. Konami foolishly kept the url for other title's image banners easy to guess, such as "image01.jpg" "image02.jpg" etc.

Through that very low-tech internet sleuthing, it was discovered that Suikoden isn't included in any of the "coming soon" titles-- at least according to the folks at 2ch.net. I looked at the images myself, but none of them looked like Suikoden. One looked like Silent Hill, another like a Tokimeki Memorial sequel, etc.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Have an archive of those images?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure at least ONE of those unannounced games is Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment. The game still hasn't been announced in Japan yet.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, no Suikoden and no Vandal Hearts (yet?)
http://www.konami.jp/tgs/english/games/index.html

But one doesn't know what this "others" may mean (at least I don't)
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The "others" refer to non-Konami booths at TGS. Specifically NTT Docomo, Sony and Microsoft will be showing Konami products.
Crowley Reborn

Post by Crowley Reborn »

So... I'm sure this has been thought of before but... Do you think if we all personally shot Murayama some emails about how much we absolutely love Suikoden... Maybe he'd give it another shot? I've been playing since I was but a young lad, and I'm still obsessed with the suikoverse...
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

He has already publicly stated that he would return if asked. The ball is in Konami's court now.
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

Wait wait wait. Up until now, whenever anyone asked Murayama or Konami about the details of his leaving, wasn't their official stance that they could not / would not disclose any details?

Why the hell would they keep something like that a secret for so long, if the answer was really nothing more than 'Well, he had been making games for a decade and decided to take a vacation'? Pretty much everyone assumed they fired him for some petty reason, letting that rumor fester no doubt gave them quite a bit of bad PR.