Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Murayama's Reasons For Leaving - Revealed

Post by patapi »

Which part of going freelance is considered as vacation in his explanation?

Opening an entirely new game publishing studio is no vacation.
conan

Post by conan »

i dont know which suikodens he made, but i want them to bring back the person who did part V, definitely not part IV. part V was the best plot-wise, and the sad thing is i dont remember a thing of it, just that i thought it had the best plot i had seen in the series. its gonna be good playing that again, since i dont remember anything
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

FYI: Murayama basically created Suikoden, so it's safe to say he was there for the first two main games from beginning to end, the third game for an extremely large part and all side games for Suikoden 2.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

As an a long time fan of the series, I have to say I find this interview absolutely interesting. I therefore thank you for the translation.

Awesome to see that the at least Murayama would consider an offer from Konami
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Crowley_Reborn. I actualy think that is a realy good idea and have done it myself a couple of times. I'm not sure how Suikosource would feel though about us all throwing emails at him? Peronsaly, I'd recommend it lol.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I agree with KC Lets shout Murayama some e-mails/letters/carrier pigeons/messages in bottles. Whatever it takes dammit!!
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

What exactly are we trying to accomplish by bombarding him with emails? The only thing we'll really accomplish by doing that is annoying him.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

Xelinis wrote:What exactly are we trying to accomplish by bombarding him with emails? The only thing we'll really accomplish by doing that is annoying him.
I am pretty sure the reason for us emailing him would be to let him know that there are many hardcore fans out there who want him to come back. If he didn't want to hear from anyone, he wouldn't have an E-mail adress....
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

TrueWater00 wrote:
Xelinis wrote:What exactly are we trying to accomplish by bombarding him with emails? The only thing we'll really accomplish by doing that is annoying him.
I am pretty sure the reason for us emailing him would be to let him know that there are many hardcore fans out there who want him to come back. If he didn't want to hear from anyone, he wouldn't have an E-mail adress....

Exactly. Its there for a reason, so lets use it. Eeven if we did annoy him its still better than hoping he can read our minds
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

hahahahha you said it KC, hoping and wishing isn't enough now-a-days, gotta take action!
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Too right! ;)
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I'm glad i searched this because I always wondered why he was left off the credits. I still think it's stupid though.
TwilightSky

Post by TwilightSky »

I'm superduper late to the party, but it's really nice to know the real reason he left now. Even after he left, Konami did well enough to keep the games that followed true to his vision.