Suikoden Team Q&A

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
thcrock
Global Admin

Suikoden Team Q&A

Post by thcrock »

dholmes

Re: Suikoden Team Q&A

Post by dholmes »

Practically every answer is PR-speak for "no comment." Of course, this shouldn't surprise anybody at all.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

We sent in 20 questions, didn't we?

No 4: Looks like them reusing an engine developed by others is not an option at the moment, after all.

No 5: "Try to never ignore" sounds dodgy. Guess instead of using those foundations to build their next stories, they come up with new ones and try to fit their ideas into the established bases instead. Not surprising here, albeit disheartening.

No 7: No plans to "conclude" the first and most loved "Gateway"?

No 8: "New stories" mean new locations, or expansions to the established locations. Not really an answer, is it?

No 10: Ouch.

No 12: Didn't notice this at all in Tierkreis. Or, at least, we know it has no obvious impact on the plot, unlike the Lymsleia and Lyon points in Suikoden V.

Can't wait to read up the answers they provided to SuikoX's set of questions, too.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Did they refuse to answer 7 questions for some particular reason? And those have to be some of the most non-commital answers I've ever seen.

Most of them just seem to stem back to "We think Tierkreis is great". Yeah, that's great and all but that's not really what we were asking.

Were they expecting fans to just have questions about Tierkreis?
Last edited by Raww Le Klueze on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

They completely missed the point on question 13. While there may be some people who want remakes, that's not what the question was asking for.

I wonder on all the questions how much time they spent on it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Iesous wrote:I wonder on all the questions how much time they spent on it.
I guess a lot of time, since paraphrasing the same content about 10 times is hard work.

That's somehow disappointing.

Q1:
We definitely hope so
Well, you're the Suikoden Team, you should know, don't you?

Q2:
we are looking into all of these options in the future.
All thes eoptions? I see two options: Do it or don't do it.

Q3:
We are considering many of these kinds of developments for future promotions.
This becomes redundant -.-

Well, but what did we expect? They telling us "Yeah, Suikoden VI will be in Zelant, and we'll see Yuber and Pesmerga as well as Viktor's and Flik's sons fighting together and there will be Viki and Jean and a lot of Sindar!".
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Iesous wrote:They completely missed the point on question 13. While there may be some people who want remakes, that's not what the question was asking for.

I wonder on all the questions how much time they spent on it.
That response in particular was probably due to translation. My guess is the question was just translated poorly.

Overall, yes, they didn't want to say anything concrete. I don't blame them for that either. The most substantive answer was the one regarding Miki Hagashino. I was pleased by that answer, actually.
Well, you're the Suikoden Team, you should know, don't you?
Its not really up to the Suikoden team. Its up to their bosses at Konami.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I put answers from Konami up at suikox as well, but generally the same type of reply. Generally disappointing.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

KoRnholio wrote:Overall, yes, they didn't want to say anything concrete. I don't blame them for that either.
So why even bother to ask for our questions?
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rune

Post by Rune »

Tierkreis has the largest amount of choices in the Suikoden series, and also has a "friendship point" system, which is different from Suikoden V. That parameter is important to express the differences in unique characters of a group. We are always trying to develop new things to make enjoyable games.
Really? I'm pretty sure Tierkreis had fewer dialogue options than any previous game (well, except maybe Tactics and IV). I haven't noticed any sort of friendship point system, but I haven't quite finished the game yet so maybe the results are seen at the end?

I'll say the same thing I said at Suikox, this whole Q&A thing was a joke, but I'm not at all surprised. I really wish I could speak to some of these people in person, without them having to worry about PR stuff. The Suikoden series has so much potential, I really want to know why they always manage to majorly botch something.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Rune wrote:
Tierkreis has the largest amount of choices in the Suikoden series, and also has a "friendship point" system, which is different from Suikoden V. That parameter is important to express the differences in unique characters of a group. We are always trying to develop new things to make enjoyable games.
Really? I'm pretty sure Tierkreis had fewer dialogue options than any previous game (well, except maybe Tactics and IV). I haven't noticed any sort of friendship point system, but I haven't quite finished the game yet so maybe the results are seen at the end?
When compared to earlier main Suikoden titles, Tierkreis handled the "but thou must" options much better than its predecessor. It was liberating not having to deal with snobs (read: Shu) for a change.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

patapi wrote: No 10: Ouch.
Ouch indeed.

I'll try not to take that personally Konami. . . at least I got an answer even if it was dismissive. It remains to be seen in the next game just how dismissive it actually was.

There's gotta be some people back in Konami who love the narcissists besides me.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

At least #1 had some remotely good news. If they intend on releasing Suikoden 2 on PSN, that pretty much means it's up to SCEA now.

Since I've yet to see a PSN update post without a request for Suikoden 2 on the Playstation Blog, I'd say they know people want it.

EDIT: Come to think of it, don't they contradict themselves by saying they'd love to incorporate the original universe in future games, then turn around and say they'd love to make whole new games in new universes?

Again, one can only hope this means they'll make a new universe game with ties to the old one (or vice versa) while not ignoring one or the other completely for the next title...
Formerly known as: Gothann
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Why did they ask for 20 questions if they were only gonna answer 13?
Dazz

Post by Dazz »

As for the answers to No.9 - Suikoden 1 didn't push the PS1 to its limits, and Suikoden 3 didn't either, since the games that came after that were, no offense to Suikoden 3, much better in a graphical and most other cases besides story.