Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

Post by Antimatzist »

French shop sogamely now also lists the game with a release date of March 9, after they had it previously as "December 31". They noted on Twitter are still "à confirmer" (to be confirmed).
https://www.sogamely.com/shop/advanced- ... h=SUIKODEN

Meanwhile, still no retailer in Germany lists the games, only gameware.at with a "coming 2023" label. It's also notably absent from Amazon.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Update on release date: most of these french/belgish shops changed the release date from March 9 to the generic placeholder of December 31.

French store Sogamely noted on Twitter that there's been some sort of delay (?) but expect the release date to be announced soon:
https://twitter.com/Sogamely_com/status ... 9602554882

Don't know whether it's a technical delay, or shipping, or whatever. Let's see.
C_clayton

Post by C_clayton »

I am really excited about this news. I'm late to the party but I just found out about this remaster today. On a whim, I decided to see if there was any news about Suikoden as it has been a while since I followed the series. I was pleasantly surprised to see 1 and 2 coming out this year.

I use to come by this site a lot about 15+ years ago. I forgot what my username/password were, so I had to create a new profile. Regardless, I don't really understand some of the negative feedback regarding this being a lackluster remaster.

For me, I am just glad to play these games on modern systems. I don't care if they change anything. Granted, I don't do emulators nor do I buy older systems for older games like these. From what I have seen so far, I like the updates. Looking forward to the release.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Bit old news by now, but the Remasters have been rated in Taiwan as well now, which is the first piece of news in a couple of months since Konami went totally silent on them. Doesn't neccessarily means much in terms of release, they've been rated by the ESRB and USK in Germany since October as well.

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1646 ... 47521?s=20
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Late to the party, but count me among the excited ones. Like the rest of you (I'm assuming), my gaming time has slowly but surely dwindled over the years. But, I'll definitely carve out some time to re-appreciate these games, that's for sure.

I can understand some of the pessimism here, too, but I'm just happy that these games are getting some attention from their corporate owners. I can also understand not wanting to support a lackluster re-release/re-master, as that may inspire Konami to continue putting out crap, but we may not have a choice here. I guess some would rather not support the series / Konami, instead of getting crap, but I'll probably pony up no matter what these games look like (when they are finally released). That makes me a sucker, to be sure, but I'm okay with that.

Finally, it's just nice to have a reason to post here again! I'm pretty sure I stopped posting on a regular basis around the time V came out, and we all know that was a long time ago. Nice to see y'all again!
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I had some complaints early on here too, but I'm a sucker as well lol. We really dont have a choice like you said, so I'll support them regardless. Hopefully the remasters are a success and we can receive a Suikoden 3 remaster or remake.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Rumors about an October release now. Take it as you will. Nothing confirmed by Konami yet, so it could potentially be all bs
https://twistedvoxel.com/suikoden-1-2-h ... r-release/
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Doesn't look any more reliable than the March 9th release before it. Still not even a final cover to show for it.

That would also be one week after the confirmed date for the Metal Gear Solid Collection.
Julian

Post by Julian »

I'd say this one is even less reliable.

Some guy made a post on reddit claiming his local store in Australia had some SUPER SECRET insider scoop. Some crappy news website sees it and reports it as truth. (And then reddit reposts the news article... and things repeat.)

I highly doubt some store in Australia has any information. They're just saying whatever to get people to preorder and make $$$.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

It does seem fishy; I think they claimed that that was simply the date that the store got, which sounds feasible. But why are they the only store that got the info? If other stores got that date, they would put it up on their site too.

The store making up a date that sounds reasonable (fall is probably a good guess) to get preorder traffic sounds like the simplest explanation.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the intended release date was always going to be mid-December since Suikoden I originally released on December 15th '95 in Japan and Suikoden II on December 17th '98.

It would also be the 25th anniversary of Suikoden II's release so I can why they'd want to hit close to that.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

I never thought about that. That would make a lot of sense.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

So I just realized what's been bugging me about the cover image... they dropped the numerals from the logo? It just says Suikoden, not Suikoden I & II. But then beneath the main logo it does include that in Japanese. And the Japanese cover is the same.

And looking at the leaked image of the main menu... Suikoden II doesn't have the II in it.

But it's listed with the numerals on Steam and the ESRB page.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Konami has said they need additional time for the remaster. 2024 release it is.
https://twitter.com/Suikoden/status/1696691636351426851
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, the state of the game even from just their own promotional materials with visible and obvious bugs was pretty disappointing so this should mean a better product in the end at least.

One might even dare hope that there'll be some actual improvements to the base games rather than straight ports.