Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Suikoden I & II Coming to Steam, XBOXone, PS4, Switch

Post by wataru14 »

Personally, I'd be happy if they just added the "shop for everyone even if they're not in the active party" feature from later games into 1.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Based on info from the build that leaked, the games play exactly like the originals so party and item management are the same, there's no convoy etc, only addition was running without a Holy rune. But it's also an early build so it might change, there's apparently some lines that warn the player that if you switch to Classic mode there's no Party Items in Suikoden I so you need to move items before switching mode so they might be planning on doing more stuff.

Conversely, it could be something's that's already been scrapped because it didn't work with Classic mode. Seems like the ability to switch between Remaster and Classic mode might hamper the remastered games somewhat if they have to conform to the limitations of the originals, to the point that it might be better to treat them as separate games and only make the choice when starting a new game. We'll have to wait and see what they end up doing.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Zer0cks

Post by Zer0cks »

The biggest thing I am looking forward to seeing how they might redesign and upgrade the look of is the Lake Toran Castle base. From the trailer we have seen how much they have completely redone the backgrounds of areas like Leknaat's tower so I hope that Toran Castle will get a glow up as well.

Love the originals, but the Castle was a whole lot of brown on brown. Suikoden 1 itself had a problem with a lot of browns everywhere, but what we have seen so far looks much different and that excites me.
Affable Peafowl

Post by Affable Peafowl »

Raww Le Klueze wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:33 am But it's also an early build so it might change, there's apparently some lines that warn the player that if you switch to Classic mode there's no Party Items in Suikoden I so you need to move items before switching mode so they might be planning on doing more stuff.
There was a Party Items section of the inventory in S1 though, no? For the Astral Projections, Odessa's Earring (marked "Earrings" in the inventory) and, most humorously, Kamandol's combustion engine is labeled simply "Prodigy" when you have to carry it to Rikon. I'm not remotely literate in Japanese but I always figured it must've been a kanji that the localization crew misread.
Julian

Post by Julian »

There is a party items, but it only has space for five or six items. (Maybe 7?)

The game doesn't let you select it or inspect items in there, which is a shame since they all have descriptions you never get to see.
Destinys_Warrior

Post by Destinys_Warrior »

https://questant.jp/q/2L5CI79X

Looks like they’re running a questionnaire on the Japanese page, any speakers know what they’re asking?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nothing special. "How did you feel when you heard the announcement of Suikoden I & II HD?" "Are you going to buy Suikoden I & II HD Remaster?" type fare and what you want to learn more about next and any message to the team. Some generic questions about what games/consoles you have and history with the series.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

I've been told by many an employee of Konami that I was an idiot, that I didn't "know what I was talking about" etc. Meanwhile I helped get Suikoden onto PS3.

We are all gonna get hurt on this one. People will insult us, people will slander and make fun of us. It's fine. The remakes will be the furthest thing from perfect. It's fine.

Are you familiar with Blaise Pascal and the theories of Probability and Non-transitive Mathematics? Well, I will spare everyone the lecture, but, our best bet for the future is here on these titles, at least in my estimation. That's how I feel, really.

To repeat: We are all going to be hurt, but, it will be fine in the end.
TwilightSky

Post by TwilightSky »

Rooks wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:19 am I've been told by many an employee of Konami that I was an idiot, that I didn't "know what I was talking about" etc. Meanwhile I helped get Suikoden onto PS3.

We are all gonna get hurt on this one. People will insult us, people will slander and make fun of us. It's fine. The remakes will be the furthest thing from perfect. It's fine.

Are you familiar with Blaise Pascal and the theories of Probability and Non-transitive Mathematics? Well, I will spare everyone the lecture, but, our best bet for the future is here on these titles, at least in my estimation. That's how I feel, really.

To repeat: We are all going to be hurt, but, it will be fine in the end.
Edit: (Because maybe Im being unfairly harsh to Konami). The hurt would come if they make even more uneeded changes.

I like the window UI, it's clean and yes it does look like they made it in RPG maker, but I doubt they would go through the trouble of porting both games to RPGMaker just to create the window UI in Javascript and then port it back to the consoles / PC.

This release shows that they still care about the series that put them as serious RPG developers on the map.

(I wont however forgive them for releasing SV on the same week as KH2. That killed the series :((( )
Julian

Post by Julian »

I don't think anyone thinks or is implying they coded this in RPG Maker, lol. Just that some of the graphics, and especially the UI, are giving a very distinct RPG Maker vibe. (Or, in other words, low quality work that looks like basic/default provided resources.)
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Well, assuming that they keep Window Sets in the game, that could most certainly can be changed. We just don't know. Also, this could be an early Beta build, too. There will be plenty of time to put finishing touches on the UI, etc. So, while the windows do look awful and uninspiring now, we just have to wait and see.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I'm Back Bay Bay! Excited for Suikoden 1 and 2 remasters.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

son_michael wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 pm I'm Back Bay Bay! Excited for Suikoden 1 and 2 remasters.
As am I, as am I. I will be looking forward to new info, soon, too, perhaps in late Nov, early Dec. Problem is, I am going in for surgery then, so, I'm gonna be pretty out of it, and will likely miss any announcements. Seems Kawano-san herself came back and is the person behind all the new character portraits in SI, which is cool. I want to keep this thread going, though, as if-and-when I miss important announcements, I will be relying on the community here to get caught up when I am feeling better.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Rooks wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:46 am
son_michael wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 pm I'm Back Bay Bay! Excited for Suikoden 1 and 2 remasters.
As am I, as am I. I will be looking forward to new info, soon, too, perhaps in late Nov, early Dec. Problem is, I am going in for surgery then, so, I'm gonna be pretty out of it, and will likely miss any announcements. Seems Kawano-san herself came back and is the person behind all the new character portraits in SI, which is cool. I want to keep this thread going, though, as if-and-when I miss important announcements, I will be relying on the community here to get caught up when I am feeling better.
It'll be just like the old days. Best of luck on your surgery, hope you feel like a new man when it's all said and done.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Has there been any recent updates? Anyone know?