Is it possible to invite enemy monsters to the party?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
chiqui1970

Is it possible to invite enemy monsters to the party?

Post by chiqui1970 »

Suikoden 2: Is it possible to invite enemy monsters to the party? maybe gameshark or similar? :roll: :roll:
KingSpilly

Re: Is it possible to invite enemy monsters to the party?

Post by KingSpilly »

Even a Gameshark probably wouldn't be able to help with that. The closest thing I can think of is using a rom-hacking program to make a new party member or replacing the sprites of an already existing party member with an enemy's sprite set.
"I'm a deeply flawed individual, but I bring joy to the world." -Tequila Sunset
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

They'd all be facing the wrong way if you could as the sprites are fixed.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, that's all you could do. Enemies aren't constantly loaded and aren't stored the same way as party characters even when they are loaded, so you'd have to clone their stats, replace sprite sheets on the disc, add a bunch of frames to the sheets for animations they don't have, create portraits for if they talk, and on and on. It's not something a GameShark can do. The only exceptions are the handful of characters like King Jowy that are technically enemies but exist in the same format and space as potential party members for story reasons. You can theoretically put Yuber or Rowd in the party with a GameShark code, and then most likely crash the game when they're not complete enough for some story sequence, or they don't have an attack animation.