Corrupted save file

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Marte Warin

Corrupted save file

Post by Marte Warin »

Hi all.

I have just been playing the first game again and loaded my file only to find that I have Ted and Pahn in my party instead of Cleo and Gremio. I'm at the point where you are just about to deliver the fire spear thing with Odessa and when I go to Mount Seifu the game crashes. Has anyone else experienced this?

A similar thing happened when I was playing the game 10 years ago, Pahn had died but then I could still use him as a character.

Just for further info 12 years ago this was on the original disc and this time it is on the PS3.

Anyone else?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Corrupted save file

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's a known issue that's cropped up occasionally over the years, but I don't think there's a particular known cause or fix for it. It's just a save corruption for some reason.

https://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/view ... hn#p145004
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/19 ... n/55403534
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I've had that happen a few times over the years. I believe you can fix it by Gamesharking the party back to normal, but it's probably easier to just start over. You're not very far in.
Marte Warin

Post by Marte Warin »

Yeah I thought as much. Thanks for answering. Just realised I originally said 10 years ago, I then realised it was actually 24 years ago when I was 10, can't believe it has been that long...

Does anyone know what has happened to the original Konami team? I've read a few bad things about Konami recently and would love it if the revival movement was still active.
JuveLeo

Post by JuveLeo »

Marte Warin wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:37 pm Yeah I thought as much. Thanks for answering. Just realised I originally said 10 years ago, I then realised it was actually 24 years ago when I was 10, can't believe it has been that long...

Does anyone know what has happened to the original Konami team? I've read a few bad things about Konami recently and would love it if the revival movement was still active.
The Suikoden team has disbanded, but most of them have joined up again under a new company. They're creating a game called Eiyuden Chronicle, which is a spiritual successor to Suikoden. The game has Suikoden 2 vibe to it. It looks great!

I got rid of my Facebook years ago, so I wouldn't know if SRM are still active.