I'm in the middle of routing a 108 Stars speedrun of this game, and found couple of discrepancies in the suikodenwoven website, which I guess is based from the official guide.
- Suomjin's recruitment seems bugged, you don't need to upgrade anything and you'll still recruit him.
- Mazarika's listed story requirement (Rujin is present at Dios Fortress) isn't really accurate, since you can only start her recruitment quest after clearing Apiro Hills. I guess it's written that way since you need Rujin to plant the tree, this also made her quest can't be started simultaneously with Sorab's quest.
- Sou Jin and Suu Jin's recruitments doesn't require you to fully learn from Sau Jin (i.e. don't need to visit Sau's slate), you just need to trigger his dialogue about putting a slate.
On the contrary, Ketil's recruitment event do require you to learn from Sau's slate (as correctly stated on guide).
- Gose's recruitment doesn't require Nelvan recruit, the actual requirement is the "talk to Nelvan" story event.
- Rodric's recruitment doesn't require you to recruit Olmar. You just need to have access to Sidas Forest 100 years ago, to be able to plant the tree for 200 years ago.
- To start Yowinn's recruitment (plant tree on Martylion Wastes), it's not enough to just recruit Rodric. You have to talk to Seu Jin after recruiting Rodric, before you can plant the tree.
You also have to recruit Mezwar to trigger Yowinn's final event on Hodos Village 100 years ago, although you don't need Mezwar yet for the previous events.
- To start Laquila's recruitment (plant tree on Apiro Hills), you don't need to fully learn from Seu Jin (i.e. don't need to visit Seu's slate), you just need to trigger his dialogue about putting a slate after finishing Rodric's recruit.
- To recruit Lethe, you don't need to fully learn from Laquila. You can start her recruitment immediately after the second last scene of Laquila's recruitment on Perie Grove.
(credits to suikoden fandom wiki for noting this)
- To start Neisa's recruitment (plant tree on Melisma Prairie), it's required to fully learn from Dagzuma. But you don't need to recruit Mezwar, I guess the guide writer mixed up Yowinn and Neisa's requirement.
Also note that for '200 years ago' trees, when the guide lists "Have access to XXX (100 years ago)" as a requirement, you're required to visit the "XXX (100 years ago)" place once before being able to plant the second tree for 200 years ago. It's not enough to just have the 100 year tree planted without visiting it.
I consolidated the recruitment steps on a different format here for my own purpose. I've put some extra infos which might be of interest to others as well (such as teach quantities)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing