ALL ABOUT THE SUIKODEN SERIES (1,2,3,4,5, AND OTHERS) (IN PROGRESS)

Depository for Suikoden related Fan work (art, fan-fiction, games, etc).
All material posted here must comply with the U.S. Fair Use Doctrine
Yuber8Fold

ALL ABOUT THE SUIKODEN SERIES (1,2,3,4,5, AND OTHERS) (IN PROGRESS)

Post by Yuber8Fold »

:arrow: FOR ALL! :arrow:

Hello everyone from the SuikoSource FORUM!
I come here to bring great news about my channel.
The channel is called ZiggyGamer:
See:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGU9XR ... OcOhss22AA

I'm posting on my channel ALL detailed on the Suikoden series, such as: characters, items, and secrets.
It is in PROGRESS, but I think it will help a lot of NEW FANS and ANCIENT FANS.
The idea of the channel will be "ALL ABOUT THE SUIKODEN SERIES".

You can follow the progress of the channel!

I RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE WHO LOVE THE GAME AS SOON AS I. :D
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: ALL ABOUT THE SUIKODEN SERIES (1,2,3,4,5, AND OTHERS) (IN PROGRESS)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

One topic about the same thing is enough.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

... I feel like a lot of the videos are completely pointless, showing things that are neither challenging nor confusing. But you are free to make whatever content you want!
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

KFCrispy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm ... I feel like a lot of the videos are completely pointless, showing things that are neither challenging nor confusing. But you are free to make whatever content you want!
What is useless to you may not be to other people.
And i feel too that many comments like yours are completely useless, showing things that are NOT smart and interesting.
But you are free to make whatever comment you want! ;)
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

I know all about the Suikoden series, EVERYTHING! And I put on the channel walkthrough, and other THOUSANDS of tips, with pleasure, and to help other players.
I love this series, and I do with pleasure!
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Eh, getting defensive like that isn't a good look. If you were producing Minecraft videos, you'd be the 4 millionth guy to make a video on how hoppers work, but instead of offering a new insight, or some new take that might have an appeal to people, it'd just be four minutes of mostly silence while you mine iron, chop wood, and craft everything. Then it would all culminate in you putting 10 sticks in the thing, and opening a chest to show they've been moved to it. Thrilling and fresh.

I'm sure there might be a handful of people who will realize they missed the White Paint, decide to look to YouTube directly for answers, and find your videos. However, all the information they need is in the video's title. The video itself only exists because YouTube wants to host videos instead of tweets.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a bit of a niche for commentary on this game in Portuguese, even at this late stage, but you're not filling it. You're recording yourself wandering around the castle in utter silence for four and half minutes, explaining nothing. Even the description is just some SEO mess instead of pertinent commentary.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Post by Wolkendrache »

You’re presenting your work in the forums, people give you feedback. Of course it’s more useful to talk about the things that can be improved. But nobody’s attacking or trying to discourage you doing it whatever way you like. So don’t take anything personal, it’s just feedback.

The 2 issues mentioned here, with a more simplified and perhaps amicable wording:
- You’re making videos with a completionist approach rather than focusing on the things that people actually have issues with. If you need to know what these are, you’re welcome to check the Suikoden gameplay section where players bring forward their issues since 20 years.
- Your videos could be more entertaining and useful if you were adding information in the description box and/or commentary.
Just some ideas for you to think about, do as you please.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah the videos could use some commentary, or if you don't like the sound of your own voice, some little pop up boxes with information.

For example:
"This is the basement where all our sorcerers and alchemists hang out, probably working on experiments and exchanging knowledge with each other. That's Viki's corner next to the cute little fountain. We come down here a lot to use Viki's teleportation services, so that we don't have to spend time walking and sailing all over the world map. Over here is a dungeon which doesn't get much use, but we do imprison an important character in there much later in the game.

A lot of these rooms look empty and uninteresting at the moment, but as we recruit more characters, the place will become more lively and crowded and there will be more people to chat to and play games with.

The roof of this tower looks like a barren empty space right now, but eventually it's gonna become a beautiful rose garden where some of our more flamboyant characters like to sit and have tea parties."

Just things like that. Giving your audience little snippets that they can anticipate and relate to is more entertaining (and informative) than just showing straight game play.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

I think if you don't like the sound of your own voice, a YouTube channel probably isn't the solution you need. At the very least, it isn't the only solution you should use. If the videos are visual aids for articles or posts, and have no commentary, that's one thing. No commentary track and four minutes of text-wall annotations would be a bit much. It's also worth taking into consideration that YouTube can be used on devices that don't support annotations, and some of those also hide the descriptions, or make them difficult to access.

Doing the completionist approach is fine, but you ought to compile longer videos rather than posting individual videos for different collectibles and the like. Time-coded links or intro plates can be used to help people skip around, if you care to do so. Also, regarding making the videos longer, how you're using YouTube is kind of a consideration. It sort of looks to me like you're trying to have a decent YouTube channel, rather than just using YouTube as a convenient host. If that's the case, you ought to look into some bare-minimum tips on helping your channel succeed. Shorter videos (under about 10 minutes, I think) tend to get buried in searches and recommendations, for one thing.
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

Pyriel wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:54 pm Eh, getting defensive like that isn't a good look. If you were producing Minecraft videos, you'd be the 4 millionth guy to make a video on how hoppers work, but instead of offering a new insight, or some new take that might have an appeal to people, it'd just be four minutes of mostly silence while you mine iron, chop wood, and craft everything. Then it would all culminate in you putting 10 sticks in the thing, and opening a chest to show they've been moved to it. Thrilling and fresh.

I'm sure there might be a handful of people who will realize they missed the White Paint, decide to look to YouTube directly for answers, and find your videos. However, all the information they need is in the video's title. The video itself only exists because YouTube wants to host videos instead of tweets.

I wouldn't be shocked if there's a bit of a niche for commentary on this game in Portuguese, even at this late stage, but you're not filling it. You're recording yourself wandering around the castle in utter silence for four and half minutes, explaining nothing. Even the description is just some SEO mess instead of pertinent commentary.

I would not be defensive if "KFCryspy" commented on something arrogantly.

So far, I have not seen a channel talking about "Suikoden" that makes anything from the simplest to the most difficult. My channel is unique. And if you think it's unnecessary for me to make a "white ink" video, thousands more do not think so. If I can offer a complete video instead of a written information, I will. Thousands of people love to watch by video, not just "written information", it's more fun and interactive. Some may have difficulties and others may not. So my channel is pretty detailed, and that's a great thing because I did not see another fan doing the same.

As for "comment in Portuguese, you make mistakes, Portuguese surrounds the whole world, many fans who speak Portuguese are disguised as" gringos "and only speak English.

And there are THOUSANDS OF CHANNELS on YouTube that are GIANTS that make videos without comment, if you look at it that way, you do not like them (too) because they do not comment on the videos and record THOUSANDS of gameplays.
Like them, I do not feel like commenting, and I do not see any need, because the video is already informative.
Last edited by Yuber8Fold on Sat May 25, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

Wolkendrache wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:03 am You’re presenting your work in the forums, people give you feedback. Of course it’s more useful to talk about the things that can be improved. But nobody’s attacking or trying to discourage you doing it whatever way you like. So don’t take anything personal, it’s just feedback.

The 2 issues mentioned here, with a more simplified and perhaps amicable wording:
- You’re making videos with a completionist approach rather than focusing on the things that people actually have issues with. If you need to know what these are, you’re welcome to check the Suikoden gameplay section where players bring forward their issues since 20 years.
- Your videos could be more entertaining and useful if you were adding information in the description box and/or commentary.
Just some ideas for you to think about, do as you please.

Feedback is important, yes. But education is another! If someone arrogantly responds, I'll rethink arrogantly.

And as for the two things mentioned, I do it completely, and if you have read the complete post; you will understand that CHANNEL IS IN DEVELOPMENT, and SIM will be posted with greater difficulty, but as I said in the previous comment, I will post from EVERYTHING, well detailed.

I KNOW ALL OF THE SERIES! And for example, I'll soon arrive on Suikoden 2, and I'll post "bugs recipes" where some recipes can be lost if you forget them, like catching them and so on. (No channel explains on Youtube)

Understand constructively, that I am building a channel in detail with all items, characters and etc for everyone. If some comments were constructible, they would only give positive suggestions.

Remember, the channel is at the beginning, in the "BETA" version or if it is to look ahead and think what is to come, it can be said "ALPHA".
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

sticky-runes wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:00 am Yeah the videos could use some commentary, or if you don't like the sound of your own voice, some little pop up boxes with information.

For example:
"This is the basement where all our sorcerers and alchemists hang out, probably working on experiments and exchanging knowledge with each other. That's Viki's corner next to the cute little fountain. We come down here a lot to use Viki's teleportation services, so that we don't have to spend time walking and sailing all over the world map. Over here is a dungeon which doesn't get much use, but we do imprison an important character in there much later in the game.

A lot of these rooms look empty and uninteresting at the moment, but as we recruit more characters, the place will become more lively and crowded and there will be more people to chat to and play games with.

The roof of this tower looks like a barren empty space right now, but eventually it's gonna become a beautiful rose garden where some of our more flamboyant characters like to sit and have tea parties."

Just things like that. Giving your audience little snippets that they can anticipate and relate to is more entertaining (and informative) than just showing straight game play.

Yes, it is indeed great. I will write more small boxes of information, but I am still tweaking TAGS and editing the channel in general. Soon, everything will be edited, and as I said in the above comment, it is under CONSTRUCTION. Follow up and you'll see that channel development is active.
As I said "in progress", the channel is in development. I'm trying to do it differently, so completely no one else will.

Example: Do you think it's fair to criticize a developing application on Google Play in a negative way? You can say POSITIVELY, for a better development of the APP, and not just leave saying that it is bad as some people out there ...
Yuber8Fold

Post by Yuber8Fold »

Pyriel wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:24 pm I think if you don't like the sound of your own voice, a YouTube channel probably isn't the solution you need. At the very least, it isn't the only solution you should use. If the videos are visual aids for articles or posts, and have no commentary, that's one thing. No commentary track and four minutes of text-wall annotations would be a bit much. It's also worth taking into consideration that YouTube can be used on devices that don't support annotations, and some of those also hide the descriptions, or make them difficult to access.

Doing the completionist approach is fine, but you ought to compile longer videos rather than posting individual videos for different collectibles and the like. Time-coded links or intro plates can be used to help people skip around, if you care to do so. Also, regarding making the videos longer, how you're using YouTube is kind of a consideration. It sort of looks to me like you're trying to have a decent YouTube channel, rather than just using YouTube as a convenient host. If that's the case, you ought to look into some bare-minimum tips on helping your channel succeed. Shorter videos (under about 10 minutes, I think) tend to get buried in searches and recommendations, for one thing.

Well, it's a point of view.

And for the third time, I say, "The channel is development." At the beginning, to be more precise. So I think voice comments are not always the strength of the video, if it were, THOUSANDS of Youtube channels would not be GIANTS. Of course, I may make comments by voice, but I'm still EDITING EVERYTHING; it is not as simple as it may seem. You have to research and differentiate from many!

The intro is something of 5, 6 seconds, very small, not like other 15, 20 seconds, this will not make followers skip the videos. It is intuitive, fun. Many have commented that they liked the same, by OST and how it was made.

And I like my voice, but I chose to put videos like this. And I tell you too, follow the channel and see the development! ;)

(NOTE: THOUSANDS of people are tired of hearing "HELLO GUYS" as many Americans say at the beginning of the video, this is already a joke. "Hello guys, I am the <NAME>" and the same blablabla.)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yuber8Fold wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:57 pm
(NOTE: THOUSANDS of people are tired of hearing "HELLO GUYS" as many Americans say at the beginning of the video, this is already a joke. "Hello guys, I am the <NAME>" and the same blablabla.)
Then maybe open with "greetings, fellow RPG fans" or "welcome, ladies and gents", or "hail, my fine warriors/fellow stars of destiny" or whatever you feel is more appropriate.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I Think the idea of videos on how to find rare Atems etc. Is cool. However, nobody needs a Video on how to Recruit Lepant. But if you like what you do, go on. But people in this forum have gathered such Information for nearly 2 decades, so don't expect anybody to be impressed.