Playing Growlanser 3 - has a "HQ" that reminds me of Suiko

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Playing Growlanser 3 - has a "HQ" that reminds me of Suiko

Post by KFCrispy »

it's been a while since I played any RPGs... I got Growlanser Generations on PS2 a long time ago and only finished G2 (I only did 1 path, and youtubed the other paths/endings). Now I've finally started G3 and it's very fun.

I always wished Suikoden would implement a battle system similar to Growlanser's.. in G3 there is Coop magic (why wasn't this in G5, my first Growlanser game??), so it's clear so many Suikoden elements could be implemented for Growlanser's system!

The headquarters isn't as fun as the Suikoden HQs, but there's a detective agency, and it looks like as we finish more sidequests, shopkeepers will join you. You also "recruit" some other NPCs that provide other things - an old wizard researching Coop Magic teaches it to you when you provide him housing, and an old fortune-telling can be "recruited" as well. The playables live in apartments, there is a Battle Arena, and there's a racing mini-game (not very fun, but it's something haha). One character also has to be frequently visited to "research" making items, but it's kind of lame that he only finishes items after story-progression and not time, so you can't use money to get an infinite supply of them.

So far so good :)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Playing Growlanser 3 - has a "HQ" that reminds me of Sui

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've actually been playing Growslanser on PSP, Wayfarer of time. So far it's pretty good. I've never played a Groslanser game before but I heard your decisions actually matter in it.